Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Toolpath images from program group

Hi,

I need some help. I want to output images of each toolpath (operation) in program group via postprocesor.

I found command MOM_cycle_objects {OPER INST='PATH_GIF' } - this command works fine (i put it to End of Program), but it outputs images of all operation in prt file. But I need to get images only of operations which are in selected program group (which is outputed as NC program).

I try to play with parameter in OPER place, but no success. Either I get images of all operation or nothing.

Does anybody know if it is possible? Or is there any other way? Or will I have to delete images, which I don't want?

We need to create images via postprocessor not via shopdoc.

Thanks

Vavrusa Ondrej
NX10.0.3
NX11.0.x testing
4 REPLIES

Re: Toolpath images from program group

Try outputting / running the different shop docs available with NX - one of them may be close to what you want.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

You need to cycle the objects in the program view for the program group you selected to post. As Ken says, take a look at shop docs to find an example.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Hello,
Thanks for advices.
I went thru shop doc file. But didn't find any solution. All MOM function, which seem to handle catching pictures in shopdoc, are not known in post. And I didn't find their declaration.
I'm trying now to make some dll library for this purpose. And run it from post.
Vavrusa Ondrej
NX10.0.3
NX11.0.x testing

Ondra wrote:
Hello,
Thanks for advices.
I went thru shop doc file. But didn't find any solution. All MOM function, which seem to handle catching pictures in shopdoc, are not known in post. And I didn't find their declaration.
I'm trying now to make some dll library for this purpose. And run it from post.

You should be able to use MOM_do_template_file to run a shopdocs generation from a post. Take a look at the postbuilder custom command pb_cmd_tool_list.tcl. It uses this method.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information