Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Tools duplicating when placed into pockets

Creator
Creator

I am sure I have made this happen on accident but I can't figure out what I've done and I can't make it stop. When I place a tool into the pocket of my machine it creates 2 of them. If I move the tool out of the pocket and just put it in the carrier there is only one of them and then I put it back into a pocket (any pocket) there are 2 of them again. If I delete one of them it just comes back. This is only happening to the machine I use, if I just create a new file and make my own carrier and pocket it does not happen. Does anyone know what I did?

Thanks, Kevin K.

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Tools duplicating when placed into pockets

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I'm guessing something is corrupt in the part or ?

Try runing part cleanup (File -> Utilities -> Part cleanup -> set all the simple & moderate actions, apply-apply-OK), save the part.  Close NX, re-start NX -> open the part - does it happen again?

If it still happens - does it say anything in the syslog (File -> Help -> Log file)

(note if you want to post the log file here, make sure to strip out the "licensing information" section near the top)

What version (including MR & MP, if applicable) are you running?

If above doesn't help, you might try reporting to GTAC

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Creator
Creator

This is only happening when I replace the generic machine with my machine. It seems to have something to do with my machine so I am not sure the part cleanup would do any good?

Thanks, Kevin K

Are the tools named *identically*?

or it is 

TOOL_NAME_X

and 

TOOL_NAME_X_1

?

Do you have tools defined in the machine definition part itself (where you define the kinematics/axes & etc.)?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Sounds like a very strange topic.

Please share some more information e.g. the kinematics model of your machine. At this point in time I have no clue why that happens.

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

Creator
Creator

Here are the exact steps but I can open an existing file that already has this machine loaded in it and get duplicates as well. This just started happening.

• New-stand alone part-inches
  • Cam general-mill planer
  • Right click generic machine-edit
  • Retrieve machine from library-mill
  • Mitsui_Seiki_VTX550
  • Part mount-use assembly position
  • Add machine-absolute origin
  • Right click a pocket-insert-tool
  • From library-milling-pick any tool

When I select the tool that was just placed in the pocket there are now 2 of them on the screen. Only one tool is listed but 2 on the screen. If I try and delete one I get a delete warning box that I OK and the tool goes away but then if I select the tool in the pocket it shows back up again. This is a mchine that we had built for us by our reseller, is it OK to attach it here for you to look at? Can I attach an existing file for you to look at and if so how do I do that so that the machine will come in also? 

Thanks, Kevin K.

Thanks, Kevin K.

I would report this to GTAC.

Your files will be secure, and (hopefully) your VAR won't mind sharing the machine model with GTAC.

Remember - if you post your part here, the entrie world can see it.

Siemens Phenom

please be aware that selecting an tool in the ONT it will be shown twice in the graphics.

• One time inside the pocket based on junction defined in the pocket
  • another time at the WCS

double_tool_display.png

If that is your topic this is by design and you can overall disable highlight objects when selected in the ONT.

Enable-Disblay_Objects_in_ONT.png

If that doesn't help you better should get in contact with GTAC.

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM

Creator
Creator

Thomas, This is exactly what is happening. So a couple of questions. Why was I not seeing this before? If I uncheck that box in the settings when I highlight the tool none of them show up, so I either get 2 or none? Why would I want to see more than one tool? 

Thank You, Kevin K.

Siemens Phenom

Hello let me try to answer:

Why was I not seeing this before?
Sorry I do not knwo why

If I uncheck that box in the settings when I highlight the tool none of them show up, so I either get 2 or none? Why would I want to see more than one tool? 

The tool displayed at the location of the WCS could be helpful when programming and edit the operation.

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM

Learn online

Solution Information