Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tools not loading with new manufacturing template?

Creator
Creator

Hi all,

Firstly, I am really new to NX so apologies if this is a very obvious issue and purely down to me being daft!

I am in the process of creating a new manufacturing template for use by one of our internal divisions. 

I have created the file, added the necessary fixturing, created a custom .pax file and that side of things is working fine. My colleague can now see and use the template when creating a new part file and the fixtures etc are loaded - great!

The problem is, I would also like the template to include some tools, pre-loaded from the library in positions 1-10. I am experimenting by adding just 1 tool at the moment. I have created the tool, exported it to the library, added it to pocket_01 and assigned it a tool number of 1. 

When I use the template file however, the tool is not loaded - pocket_01 is empty. The fixtures etc are loaded fine and i receive no errors. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Adam

3 REPLIES

Re: Tools not loading with new manufacturing template?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

From the operation navigator context menu select "Object => Template Settings" make sure that "create if parent is created" is enabled and disable "use as template".

Generally any object that needs to be present in the part created from the template needs "create if parent is created" active to be available in the new part. Sometime you need to dis- and re-enable the setting to take effect if you have multiple objects selected.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.1, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Creator
Creator

Hi Stefan, 

As simple as that! Have been scratching my head for a while over that one! 

Thank you for your help, it is now working as required!

Many thanks,

Adam 

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

In addition "create if parent is created" must be enabled for all parents of that object, up to the root of each view it is contained, to work properly.

This should be described in the NX documentation section for CAM customization.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.1, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Learn online

Solution Information