Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translate NC-Code into a NX CLSF-File

Legend
Legend

More and more often I have the requirement that an NC program running on the machine should be transferred to another machine. (example NC-Code from Heidenhain to Siemens)
My idea is to translate this NC program back into a CLSF file. I can now read it into NX and output it with another postprocessor.
My question is if there's anyone who's done something similar.

5 REPLIES

Re: Translate NC-Code into a NX CLSF-File

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hello!

I did a same. I read some EXOTIC nc-file (very old СТС with real paper tape for input prog into cnc ), generate CLS (or APT) with similar GOTO/ CIRCLE/ FEDRAT/ RAPID and - you rigth - import to NX and postprocess to another controller.

Not so fantastic idea.

I did it with external c++ exe-file.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

There is word document data transfer software available that would swap the code specifically processed for one type machine to another machine code, using MS Word Document Files, PDF Files, and HTTM Files in the market.

In the day of tape readers. FLEXOWRITER Type Punch Machines and the Emulator Box were used to transfer code to different machines. There were boxes even for back plotting on Hewlett Packard pen plotters.

Here is a company that is still in this market. http://www.westnc.com/cimcom.html

With the new tools and HEM and HSM techniques of today it would be better to reprogram the part to make it more efficient by today’s standards.

EDS UG V3 -UG V15 UNIX; UGS UG V6 -UG V19 - NX-NX5 UNIX/MS; Siemens NX6-NX11 MS

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Vericut is supposed to have some postprocesing capabilities to do what your describing.

I cannot speak from experience if this worksor not, If you have the software it may be worth giving them a call.

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace Connecticut
www.senioraeroct.com
Production: NX11.0.2.7, Vericut 8.0.3
Development: Tcl/Tk
Testing NX12.0

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

It depends how the NX (NC program) part & post are set up.

If kinematics are similar enough, and you use "real" UDEs (e.g. "COOLANT ON") instead of "INSERT" (or Auxfun/prefun/etc.) and your posts are reasonably well written, you might be able to just post for the other machine...

Note I (mostly) don't use IS&V, so I don't have to worry about the machine definition.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Legend
Legend
Hello all

Thank you for your comments. One of the problems is that you need a very good parser first. I'll worry about that.

Learn online

Solution Information