Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Trim Boundary in NX9

Hi All,

In NX9 we have the new Boundary Dialog but we seem to be missing some of the capability of previous versions. When I am picking a trim boundary using curves I sometimes end up picking the end of the previous curve by accident. This puts me into a position where I cannot shift-pick to unselect. I end up having to delete the entire curve set and repick again being more careful. Is this by design or am I missing something? In the old dialog I could tell the system to remove the previous pick to correct for errors. How can we do that in the current dialog?

Thanks

3 REPLIES

Re: Trim Boundary in NX9

Randy,

It sounds like you are getting the end point (red cube) instead of the next curve. If that happens, it should be ignored. In the dialog, change the focus by clicking on Select Curve - it should turn orange. Then pick the next curve. Is this the case you are seeing?

BTW the start and end points are selectable so that when there are multiple boundaries, you can select a different one in the list.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Mark,

That should take care of my issue. On a similar note a few years ago there was talk about making the boundary's editable by adding or removing elements. When I saw the change in the dialog I assumed that that was what you had done. But I havn't seen a way to edit a boundary so was I wrong?

I agree, I'm surprised this hasn't been addressed. I often use point method and find myself needing to make adjustments later. When you have to recreate form scratch you have no reference to what you did before. If I know its likely I'm going to have to make adjustments later I'll create a sketch but I'd much rather do it on the fly in the operation.

Ray
NX9.0.3.4 MP1

Learn online

Solution Information