Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trim and Extend middle boundary members

If you are a customer and use the legacy boundaries in planar milling, please read on.

As we continue our multi-release effort to update the boundary user interface, we are looking at the functionality available when a boundary is defined within a planar milling operation. I have a question for customers about trimming and extending open boundaries.

The most common task we see is to move the start point of the first member, and/or the end point of the last member. This will be updated to a new UI, like you see in boundary groups today.

However, it is also possible to trim or extend a member in the middle, which actually removes other boundary members. Does anybody still use this functionality? If so, could you explain the use case?  

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens
4 REPLIES

Re: Trim and Extend middle boundary members

Phenom
Phenom

I Didn't know you could do that.

I suppose that answers for me.

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend
It can be usefull whenever You made a long selection of members, copy the op and get rid of soms end or start members.
It would of course be even better of You could deselect members.
Patrick Delisse
KMWE - DutchAero
NX11.0, CAMPOST V22, Vericut 8.1

paehv wrote:
It can be usefull whenever You made a long selection of members, copy the op and get rid of soms end or start members.
It would of course be even better of You could deselect members.

Patrick,

I understand how this works. Is this a common practice in your workflows today? What would be the impact if it was no longer possible?

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend
Impact would be more/reselecting boundaries. Nothing dramatically
Patrick Delisse
KMWE - DutchAero
NX11.0, CAMPOST V22, Vericut 8.1

Learn online

Solution Information