cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube Finish testing

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

I dont know if this is problems or I just set something wrong? (it is possible).

i tested this new operation.

In part I have modification of ball mill  diameter 12:

1.holder+shank+neck

2. holder+shank

3 .holder

Operation settings - same - specified area and spine curve.

See the diferent paths and I think the area is reachable with all these tools.

thak you

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #
12 REPLIES

Re: Tube Finish testing

Genius
Genius

Not saying I am doing the right way either but getting far better results with the spherical mill.

11.jpg22.jpg

Phenom
Phenom

I used ball mill and when I omited neck or shank paths was not generated on whole area.

It is true that the first example has strange paths too.

Genius
Genius
Not sure, I think I recently read somewhere that the newly added Tube toolpath was optimized for Spherical tool only.

Phenom
Phenom

Is this good result? Or did I miss something to set?

Snímka.JPG

Genius
Genius

Extend the Central Curve just a little, and use a "man-size" lolipop ball LOL

lol01.jpglol02.jpg

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Hello

There should have been a "Whats New" doc on tube milling.

Please use only a spherical mill.

If the end of the "Tube" is not square with the end of the central curve, it is best to create extension sheets that will square things up. The extension sheets need to be included in the cut area and do not need to belong to "Part" geometry. The central curve should begin on the same plane as the extension sheets. You can also create cover sheets to cover a hole in a "Tube". Again these sheets should be part of "cut area" and do not need to belong to "Part" geometry

Phenom
Phenom

hello,

are  these retracts/engages OK?

It is case of zig pattern.

Like full circles.

Snímka.JPG

second question - when tool does one zig path it returns back on the start to engage egain.

Should be the center located return paths the "cut" type paths? (or stepover/retract?)

It is also in helical pattern when tool return from of the hole.

Thank you for explanation

jb

Siemens Creator

Hello

As everyone mentioned, lolipop tool is the preferred tool. The other tools you had, were not optimal. you can use a ball mill but not one as you have made....sorry. Also it is best to have the tube surface ends square with the central curve. if it is not, then create some extensions surfaces that are square with the curve and then you dont want to do collision checking on the extensions ( cutting parameters - containment - check mark in Part and check geometry ). this is a very focused processor. However i have used it WAY outside the intent. Doing shrouded impellers and many other things. I often find myself abusing the software, just to see what it can do.

I am going to show your tool BALL_MILL_COPY, to development and see what we can do to allow us to use this type of tool. to me it looks like one of the "inserted" ball end mills. these would be usefull when cutting Inconell.

Siemens Creator
also...use Helical pattern. the other one is really not very robust. And we do know about it and are looking at it. Most of the customers use the helical anyway

Learn online

Solution Information