cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning workpiece issue

Genius
Genius

How to use IPW generated from workpiece dialog.

1.png

The problem is there is no cutting plane (right) when I click on TURNING_WORKPIECE_1 like in first setup (left).Of course there is possibility to use workspace,but then again why is there an option for generating IPW if it's not usable.

2.png

If I change MCS_SPINDLE_1   positions in tree,nothing changes for generating cutting plane.

3.png

4 REPLIES

Re: Turning workpiece issue

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Not having your part, I can't be sure, but...

In the left picture, the plane you are seeing may be the BLANK cross section.  If you hide the solid, there is another set of faces for the PART cross section (you may have to make the blank section faces invisible, or 75% translucent, or whatever, to see them)

It looks like there are some lines showing the part cross section in the right view - have you tried hiding (or turning off the layer) of the solid bodies to see if the planar sections exist?

Note for IPW, I have always used the "Workspace" option to shift the turning IPW from one setup to another.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Genius
Genius

Here's the example,I hope you can find something that I didn't.Smiley Happy

http://www.megafileupload.com/268m1/TW.zip

The IPW workpiece will become available in NX11.0.2. In earlier versions, you should redefine the turning workpiece blank with the workspace option. Take a look at the sim15 example which is our best practice. Go to Menu > Help > Manufacturing Tutorials > Open a Sample Part, scroll down to NC Simulation Samples.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Genius
Genius

Thanks Mark,that is a good example.

Here's the nice example for IPW (min 14), which tells as that It can be used IPW on NX9.But for some reason it doesn't work for me.

of course  workspace option is always good alternative

Learn online

Solution Information