Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turret Offset with TCARR

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I am working with a machine that has a two-sided turret, rotating on the same axis, and moving together in the X and Z:

turret.PNG

The machine controls the offset of the turrets in the Z with TCARR=11 for the left side and 12 for the right side.  When I call TCARR=11, which is setup to call CHAIN_FOUR, I get the  the following errors:

errors.PNG

I setup CHAIN-FOUR as a turning chain and therefore it did not have a Y axis:kinematic chain.png

Any suggestions on how to make this work?  Is TCARR designed for a case like this with no Y axis?

Thank you,

Jesse

5 REPLIES

Re: Turret Offset with TCARR

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

From my view point (may be wrong..) you no need kinematic chains for this case. Kinematic chains useful for multi-axis milling, swiveling or simultaneous. For your case, I think, more easy will be define two spindles as devices, and calculate tool offset depends active spindle (left or right, 11 or 12 TCARR). It's my opinion only, will be interesting know other answers.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

That is a good idea to use two spindles.  Do you mean I should add to the tool offset as in modify GMe_ActivateToolCorrection?  I would like to use TCARR=11 or 12, but it seems like the TCARR metacode wants a kinematic chain, and specifically one with a Y axis.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
When you use method for tool correction - one of parameter is carrier (spindle in other words).

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Jesse,

add a (dummy) Y axis to the kinematic model and use this dummy axis in your chain definition. 

the IKS needs 3 linear axis.

The other way could be to implement your own TCARR metacode. But this is a bit too much here from my point of you ;-)

Thomas

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Thomas,

Great suggestion.  I setup a 3-axis chain for each side.  When I call TCARR it chooses my correct chain and adds an offset with TC_CARR1[11] etc.  Perfect.

Thank you,

Jesse

Learn online

Solution Information