I have run into a situation in a old manufacturing part file where in NX9 the list of UDE's is around 5 long rather than the 30 or so we usually have. The same file in NX85 has the correct list. Other files do not have this problem. Do any of you know what could cause a file to try to access a "ude.cdl" file other than the one defined in the ugii_env file? This file has ude's defined but when we output the cls file the ude's are not outputting correctly causing the post to fail.
1) cleaned the file
2) deleted all ude's from the file to see if one was messing it up
3) reset the templates and configuration files
4) tried it from other users and computers
The file could be using a the UDE list of a machine.
What is the syslog telling you?
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.1, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0
Employees of the customers, together we are strong
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide
As Stefan said - be sure it is using the ude.cdl file you think it is. Maybe change one of the udes that is showing up and be sure.
Also, check the categories - I think we tightened this up a bit:
CATEGORY MILL DRILL LATHE
I have had the same problem with being unable to pull all UDE's into a program, still haven't got to the bottom of it but from the documentation I have read if you use a custom template it will pull whatever .cdl file was saved with that file into all subsequent programs, even know everything is defined in the .dat files and th UGII_env file even when everything points to the correct file?
I have a case when old programs point to the correct custom .cdl but all new ones point to another custom file which is referenced via a linked post.
Not a big deal but really would appreciate any clues as to what we have done to change this behaviour?
In answer to your questions:
There is no machine loaded to pull a cdl from. Plus we do not use special cdl files for machines (actually we don't use machines due to issues we encountered in the past). And the log file shows it pointing to the correct cdl file directory.
I am not entirly certain what you mean by the CATAGORY so I do not know how to check it.
The thing I find odd is I open NX9 and read in the file and the ude's are not there. With that file open I can open another file or create a new one in the same session and everything works fine in the new file, but the old file still acts the same. The only thing that makes sense to me is the file has it's own ude list in it and none of us here know how to do that. But if there is a way to do that then maybe there is a way to fix it? This is a file that has been thru many versions of NX and it has worked fine until NX9.
I think at this point...
1) Try file -> utilites -> part cleanup?
2) Send file to GTAC & see if they can replicate your issue / fix the file
You could try file export or import part & see what happens.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled
I tried Cleanup but it did not help. I tried importing into a new file but ran into a geometry error and I have not pursued it any further, but I might yet be able to figure that direction out.
Unfortunately this is one of those parts in which it will be next to impossible to send to GTAC. Usually when I run into a problem I have to create a dummy file that has the issue and send it but reproducing this in a dummy file is probably impossible. It is highly unlikely that my customer will allow this file to leave our facility. It rather limits my options otherwise I would have started with GTAC since this is more along their side of the business.
Do I understand this?
You create a new part, create new operation, go to start events, and the list is current.
You open an old part, create new operation, go to start events, and the list is old.
Are you maybe mixing library and non-library setups?
If you do Menu > Information > Manufacturing setup in each part, are the configurations the same?
Yes you understand what is happenning. I am attaching a screen grab of each to show you what is happenning. We really do not use libraries much so I doubt that would be an issue here. We used the tooling library but got tired of maintaining versions for each version of NX so we got away from them.
The attachements are the New file, The Old file, and the Info screen
You guys triggered a thought. I got it to work by:
1) Open the part.
2) Edit the machine from Null Machine to one of my defined machines.
3) The UDE list is now correct.
4) Removed the machine.
5) The UDE list is still correct.
At this point I have a solution to the issue. I would not be suprised to find that prior to NX9 the "Null Machine" was somehow different from the one in NX9.
Thanks for the help as I would not have thought of trying this.