cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDE inside cavity mill levels...

Experimenter
Experimenter

hello,

are there someone that can help me how to insert some UDE after every level in cavity mill operations ?

regards

Alexmalpo

7 REPLIES

Re: UDE inside cavity mill levels...

Interactively, you can do this in the tool path editor. You will see level markers in the listing - set the graphics selection to level and pick a motion on the screen, and it shoul dtake you there. At this point, select Level in the tree, and add an event, choose machine control.

The level markers are also available in the API, so you could write a program to do this.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Legend
Legend

What is your main purpose behind this?

Maybe there is a better way?

NX11.0.1

Legend
Legend

Why do you want to use UDE for every level? If you need some processing on every level, you can simply analyse the change of level inside postprocessor and add some handler there.

Experimenter
Experimenter

thank you Mark for the suggestion,

i suppose that use API for to develop a custom application may be the better way.

just to complete the question, i need to insert some custom UDE to perform program loop and tool life checking between every level.

regards

AM

Experimenter
Experimenter

hi Mark,

are you able to provide me a code sample to perform this action ?

AM

alessio_malpotri wrote:

hi Mark,

are you able to provide me a code sample to perform this action ?

AM

Below is a sample program that keys off the operation name just to test. Create a planar milling operation named LINEARMOVEINSERTION, select it, and run the program. In the code, look at Function UdeInsertion.

But I agreee with the other questions - why not just do this in the post? If you need user control you could put a UDE in the start events, and let the post take action between each level.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Experimenter
Experimenter

thank you so much Mark,

your sample is great !

regards

Alessio

Learn online

Solution Information