Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to Open/Edit Machine Tool Builder Kinematics Model After Save

Hello,

I followed tutorial videos to setup 3 and 5 axis kinematics models in NX 10 in the Machine Tool Builder application. I saved my part files and when I try to open them, I get this message:

"You cannot enter Machine Tool Builder with a kinematics model that is referenced by a CAM setup.

Use Machine Tool Configurator within the CAM application instead."

I've searched for the "Machine tool Configurator" within NX's search as well as Google and I cannot find this application. If anybody knows how to access these files agian, it would be appreciated.

-Brian

3 REPLIES

Re: Unable to Open/Edit Machine Tool Builder Kinematics Model After Save

Hi Brian,

the message is slightly misleading. You find the "Setup Configurator" in the "Machine Tool Navigator" on the left. Please note that is NOT the Machine Tool Builder. It looks similar but the functionality is limited and all modifications refer to the CAM-Setup. 

ThomasF

2016-06-27 09_14_37-NX 10 - Manufacturing - [sim08_mill_5ax_cam_sinumerik_mm.prt (Modified) ].jpg

Thomas,

Thank you for the reply,

-Brian

Just to follow up, this message is changed in NX 11 (or 11.0.1) and now reads:

You cannot enter Machine Tool Builder with a kinematics model that is referenced by a CAM Setup

Use the Machine Tool Navigator in the Manufacturing application to edit the local machine kinematics in the CAM Setup.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information