Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Upgrade the NX version cause some problem

Hello,

We prepared some CAM programs in NX9 last year when we upgraded the version of NX9 to NX10 and open the same CAM programs by the help of  NX10( which are prepared by the help of NX9).

There is some problem occur while we try to generate the operation in the program. Some arrengements are missing!!!

For example; Go Home point was already defined in NX9 but if i opened the same program in NX10 go home point is missed. Actually this or this kind of missing points will cause a big problem like turret may crash to the spindle etc.

Is anyone encounter this kind of problems while they upgrade the version of NX ?? If it is "YES",

What is your advice??? and what can we do abut this issue

2 REPLIES

Re: Upgrade the NX version cause some problem

advice:

1) Create a suite of test parts.  Try to cover most every situation you encounter in real parts.

These can be copies of "real" parts, but keep them in a separate area (so they don't get changed inadvertantly)

2) Compare output of old version to new version

a) Just open file in new version, and post

b) regenerate all operations in the new version, and post this as well

3) If different, examine parts/output to determine why

4) Determine if change is good or bad.

- sometimes I can fix minor things in the post

- sometimes the change in output is a good thing (i.e. the new version outputs better code than the old)

- If it is a regression, file IRs with GTAC, or try to figure out a workaround

Note: some things are just going to be different.  Sometimes even one MP to another. In particular:

- Surface contouring - as they putz with the code to determine points based on intol/outtol (or other things) these operations will always be changing.

- any "planar" milling op type with stepover (cavity mill, planar mill, etc, cut type = follow part or follow periphery or whatever) - where & how the stepover occurs can change (as well as details in the motion of each pass).

If really horrid, don't upgrade.  Sometimes "the devil you know" is better than "the devil you don't know"

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Re: Upgrade the NX version cause some problem

[ Edited ]

My first advice is to make sure you are running the latest NX10, which is NX 10.0.3 MP7.

If you still see the problem, log a call with GTAC. They can open your NX9 part in the latest version, generate the operation, see if there is a regression, and create a PR if needed.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information