Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Using the faceted body as a blank

I want to use faceted body as a blank in the "Simulate Machine Code File". The CAM project in the "Machine Tool Navigator" I ask "PART" - a solid model part, "FIXTURE" - model fixture solid and "BLANK" - FACETED body.
When I run the "Simulate Machine Code File" and turn on "Show 3D Material Removal" does not create a blank facet of body

What is the problem? It works or not?
When "Simulate Tool Path" blank facet of the body is created

6 REPLIES

Re: Using the faceted body as a blank

I use in this case STL as PART, not as WORKPIECE. And for simulation I use blank as offset from PART:

I have tried is not working.It displays an error.
What am I doing
1) import STL model
2) Install the STL model as PART in Machine Tool Navigator
3) Run the simulation program file
4) include the Show 3D Material Removal and get an error

For Material Removal in ISV "NC Code Simulation" a solid object is needed as initial blank input. faceted objects are not supported.

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

My fault, I import STL, but not change solid->stl.

another way - convert stl to solid body.

What is the difference when using a facet body as a blank when simulating toolpaths and simulation program from a file?
When using the facet body as a blank during toolpath simulation everything works fine.

50% or more of my clients want to use the ISV for simulating NC program files without having CAM processing project. There ISV model of the machine tool, the program file fixture model, the model parts and model of the workpiece facet body, just be able to use the scanned workpiece (STL).

Learn online

Solution Information