Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Variable for Local Return in Turning

Hi,

I am trying to output some codes if local return point is defined in turning operation.

I understand that, we can use In Path Events.  However, I am trying to output some codes automatically.

Please let me know if there is any way of checking if local return point is defined.

Thanks

Jithesh

3 REPLIES

Re: Variable for Local Return in Turning

This is the general method to see what is available to the post:

1. Post the operation or program, with the Review Tool ON.
  2. Change the parameter you are interested in. If it is a number or string, set it to something easy to spot, like 12345.
  3. Post the operation or program, with the Review Tool ON.
  4. Compare the two *_debug.out files saved when you posted. Look for diferences, or for the unique value you entered, like 12345. 

You should be able to spot the mom variable(s) for the parameter you changed. Scroll up and you will see what event set it.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Thanks mark. The methods you suggested was really helpful in finding the variable that contains the value of the local return point. However those variables are general X,Y & Z variables viz mom_pos, mom_mcs_goto etc. 

Unable to find the variable or trigger dedicated only for local return.

Thanks 

Siddharth M

Look (you may have to look in te old BBS area) for Moog_Show_Globals.

Read the postings how to use it.

Add it to your post.  For your case I would put in "Inital Move" and only post the 1 operation.

Save teh Info windows to a text file

Toggle the setting & post again

Save this "Information" window to a separate text file & compare the 2 text files using comparison utility (e.g. winmerge)

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Learn online

Solution Information