Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Variable for shortest tool lenght in shop doc

Hi there !

I want to add the shortest tool length to my shop doc but didn't find any matching variable. Does anyone know how to add this value to the shop doc output ?

thanks

wolfgang

NX 10.0.2
PB 10.0.2
Win7 64
5 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author wmaierhofer
‎10-21-2015 01:26 AM

Re: Variable for shortest tool lenght in shop doc

Shop Doc can only output parameters in the operation.

If you are referring to the min tool length in cavity milling, then the variable is mom_tool_minimum_length.

If you looking for the deepest ! of the path, then there is not a mom variable for this.

The most common approach is to use post for your shop docs, and capture the min Z for each operation or tool.

This has been discussed several times - try searching for shop dosc min z or similar.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Thanks, that was the variable i've been looking for. It is working for all operations, not only cavity milling.

regards

wolfgang

NX 10.0.2
PB 10.0.2
Win7 64

Wolfgang -

Are you sure it is SET for each operation, or is it just "hanging around" from previous operations?

Try posting one operation at a time, and see if the variable exists.

Or (in the "end of path" event) try:

global mom_tool_minimum_length
catch { unset  mom_tool_minimum_length}

Note most (if not all) mom variables, once set, are NEVER cleared (their value may be changed, but they are never "unset").

So once set, then entire rest of the program will still see the (meaningless) variable.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Hi Ken !

I calculate the min tool length for different operations and different tools and, as far as i've tested, always get a correct tool length.

Do you mean, that the value might not be correct because the variable is not cleared ? I've this is true, i had "luck" to have no collisions with the workpiece yet.

regards

wolfgang

NX 10.0.2
PB 10.0.2
Win7 64

Wolfgang -

Yes, be careful!  Personally, if I were using this variable, I would make sure to unset it at the end of every operation, just to make ABSOLUTELY sure each operation gets it correctly defined.

Otherwise, if you ever encounter an operation that doesn't define it, you may not realize the reported value is from the previous operation.

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Learn online

Solution Information