Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Vericut integration - UGII_VERICUT

Hi,

some of my departments have Vericut for historical reasons. Making the switch from Vericut to NX CAM simulation is a topic I will address in a future project.

Today, I noticed the following NX environment variable:

UGII_VERICUT=C:\Apps\Siemens\NX10\win_nt\commands\vericut.bat

The directory it points to does not exist. Is this historical data or a more simple way to integrate the vericut interface into NX?

Best wishes,
Joachim

In production NX 11.0.1.11 D3
7 REPLIES

Re: Vericut integration - UGII_VERICUT

[ Edited ]

If vericut is installed in a path common to everyone - you should point that to the file in it in this path "\CGTech\VERICUT 7.3.4\windows64\commands\vericut.bat" (as an example - yours may be a little different.) If you are able to launch full vericut with a shortcut - the path should be the same. The OTB NX launch sets this to a path that may not exist. Usually - the process of launching NX with the vericut interface is done by launching NX through a bat file in the vericut install - which should set the environment needed. For Teamcenter - I think the launch bat files are not included. I think that UGII_VENDOR_DIR is another variable it relies on.

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author JSchraitle
‎10-06-2015 02:56 PM

For Vericut inside TC (to get the Vericut button in NX to export data)

I use the Vericut startup.bat and add the same ENV settings to the Start_NXManager.bat.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Hi all,

thanks for your replies. 

I used the Vericut.bat to customize our CAM start script. I hoped if such a variable exists, then a easier way exists to integrate Vericut into NX.

Could anyone post the script the variable points to?

Best wishes,
Joachim

In production NX 11.0.1.11 D3

There is information and a video on the Vericut to NX inteface on the CGTech site.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

New question was posted as a reply to a previous post with a solution, so moved to a create a new topic.

[ Edited ]

MarkRief wrote:
New question was posted as a reply to a previous post with a solution, so moved to a create a new topic.

Hi Mark,

The above replies answers NX-Vericut interface. However, what I understood from  Alex's question is 'how to manage Vericut data into Teamcenter?'

You can have NX to Vericut interface in native NX mode or TC-NX managed mode with the process mentioned in CGTech's guide. The real question is about managing Vericut data (project files, tool files, machine files and models, control files etc. ...)  inside Teamcenter

Correct me if I misunderstood something.

BR
Mak
TC10/NX 9

[ Edited ]

Mak_Jo wrote:

MarkRief wrote:

Hi Mark,

The above replies answers NX-Vericut interface. However, what I understood from  Alex's question is 'how to manage Vericut data into Teamcenter?'

You can have NX to Vericut interface in native NX mode or TC-NX managed mode with the process mentioned in CGTech's guide. The real question is about managing Vericut data (project files, tool files, machine files and models, control files etc. ...)  inside Teamcenter

Correct me if I misunderstood something.

I did not remove the message. I created a new topic called "Teamcenter Vericut integration" since the question was about manageing Vericut data in TC. If you can help with that, please reply to the new topic. 

It problem is that if a question is asked here, and the solution is provided, the topic is marked as solved. If a new question is added on, the topic is still "solved" even though the new questoion is not solved. So each new question should get a new topic.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information