Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Very slow - bogging down 10.0.3 only in 1 file

Right  now I'm havine a lot of issues on a certain part when creating tools and when doing verify either in Replay or 3d. For example when dynamically defining a tool or holder I have to wait 2-3 seconds after every input for it to let me select the next field.

In replay or 3d verify if I single step it "bogs" down as well. If I just hit play it works as normal until the next operation and then a delay for 3-4 seconds then it plays the next operation.

Computer is bogging down even though my CPU usage is under 10% and my physical memory is 20%.

Only happens in these 2 views. Everything else is going fast like normal.

Only happens in 1 specific manufacturing file.

NX11.0.1
4 REPLIES

Re: Very slow - bogging down 10.0.3 only in 1 file

Just guessing, but I suspect it has to do with displaying the holder.

A couple areas to look at...

When editing the holder parameters, if you turn off Preview, does the performance change?

Is this a library tool? If so, is there a part file in the graphics folder that it is tied to? And if so, is there something about that part that makes it slow? (interpart expressions, wave links, on a slow server, etc) 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

[ Edited ]

Its only this one file. I can go to a more complicated larger part file with holders, etc and its very quick as normal.

I just created a tool in this "one" file and just to get to the create window from the command took 5 seconds.

I turned off "preview" and its very fast now on this file when creating tools. Any idea what the cause is? I'm creating these files from the wizard and not pulling from the library.

Still slow opening operations though and its not previewing the tools.

NX11.0.1

I think this has to do with creating the temporary part files used to display the tool and holder. Is there a performace issue creating parts in the temp folder? Or the folder that contains the part?

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dstryr
‎02-27-2016 05:40 PM

Wanted to come back and update this thread. I'm linking this issue to out of date graphics card for my quadro k4200. Updated this morning and all seems good to go.

NX11.0.1

Learn online

Solution Information