Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual NC Kernal documentation/tutorials

Genius
Genius

Are there any recommended tutorials/help documents on how to setup and utilize the VNCK? Can the VNCK be run independently from NX CAM's machine simulation ?

I did look through the included documentation (VNCK_reference, etc.) and the online help documentation.

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/10/nx_help/#uid:html_mfgisv_welc_overview_isv

https://cache.industry.siemens.com/dl/files/431/92051431/att_52669/v1/VNCK_Reference_0513_en.pdf

7 REPLIES

Re: Virtual NC Kernal documentation/tutorials

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The VNCK runs together with the NX Simulation in the "Virtual Machine" as part of the ISV (NX CAM simulation package). These solution usually is provided together with a machine tool OEM and the customization is done by the OEM related to the specific machine tool.

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

Betreff: Virtual NC Kernal documentation/tutorials

Experimenter
Experimenter

Yes, it's possible to run the VNCK idependently from NX CAM.

Siemens AG provides workshops on how to use the VNCK with a basic GUI and how to program your own applications using VNCK-API.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello AlexLee,

Did you find the answer to your question about the setup and use of the VNCK application?

I ask that because I really don't know how to manage this...

I instal VNCK but I just found VNCK View, StopVNCK and VNCK Variant on my computer and when I try to lauch VNCK simulation in NX, only the window of simulation appear and do nothings

Experimenter
Experimenter

Dear Galhaut_L,

to run the VNCK Simulation within NX CAM you need a special NX option.

If you have this option, it should be possible to run the VNCK Simulation by selecting an Operation and clicking on "Simulate Machine". The usual simulation control panel pops up and you have to select "Machine Code Simulation". Afterwards the VNCK will boot.

If you don't see the HMI Window, search in your Customer Defaults for the checkbox "Show HMI Dialog Box" in Manufcaturing, Simulation & Visualization, ISV, SINUMERIK User Interface.

If you have further question, send me a PM.

BR

Jasper

Genius
Genius

Hi Jasper

After digging inside corporate Addon folder (gtac) I've found out that we also have VNCK. Seen it there before but always wondered what it was for.

Anyway, I've installed it and have a few questions:

1) How to install the license? I've placed the vnckLicense.dat inside C:\ProgramData\Siemens\Sinumerik\VNCK\v4.5 as per doc but still getting "LICENSE_SIM_ERROR_ENCRYPT_LIC" when trying to set the interface (or booting) in VNCKview. Is this normal, anything else I need to do? Below is what we have:

[LICENSE]
vnckLicenseMode=ISV
vnckLicenseKey=fg54gdsfgsdf.......

vnckLicenseOptions=fg54gdsfgsdf.....

; VNCK Version:            04.05
; Expiration Date:         unlimited
; generated for:           Tecnomatix
; Boot Options:            all
; Max. Number of NCUs:     2
; Max. Number of Channels: 10
; Max. Number of Axes:     31

; Features:                IgnoreDISPLOF SaveIBN SaveSRAM ProgControl NCULink
; Min. Time Slice:         limited by IPO
; Min. Length Slice:       unlimited
; Min. Angle Slice:        unlimited

2) What special NX option that is required to run the HMI in paralel to ISV/Machine Code Simulation in NX? I can't see the Machine Control Panel (VNCK) inside NX. How to enable this? if required?

3) How and where to copy our LIVE sinumerik controllers' ARC files in the VNCK simulator?

For info. Customer default > Manufacturing > Sim > HMI windows already checked.

Grateful for any insights that you may have. After reading about VNCK, I'd like to have it enabled to trace prog/time duration and for other vlidations also.

Thanks for your time

Charles

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello CWilson,

before getting in more details searching possible customization topics I wonder who has create a VNCK simulation scenario for you specific machine tool? As a service task the archive (dump from real controller) need to be converted into a so called SRAM file, some other configurations are needed, before you then can run the VNCK Simulation including HMI in the NX. That setup work is usually done from the machein tool OEM and delivered then to the end user.

Thomas

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

Genius
Genius

SpaceTom wrote:
That setup work is usually done from the machein tool OEM and delivered then to the end user.

Thomas

I have no idea. I think the two guys before me had that done for someone else but never managed to get it up and running, only guessing. First time I see this install folder. Boss is fishing in Florida at this time of the year and chances I won't see him before 2018. I'll ask if I dont forget Smiley Wink

Learn online

Solution Information