Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Want to use the Del-Key in NXCAM

Hello! Sorry for this silly question. I want to use the Del-Key in NXCAM. Example: I select an operation and I want to remove this operation. If I push the Del-Key I get

2017-06-12 08_29_24-Class Selection.png

Can I change this?

Thank you for your answers in advance.

Werner

5 REPLIES

Re: Want to use the Del-Key in NXCAM

The selection in the ONT is working differently than with other navigators, since it is one of two navigators that has multiple views.

Have you found a menu entry for this delete action? If so, have you already tried to assign the DEL key to it?

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Use Right Button of Mouse and - Delete.

I had a same wishes for first 10 years my Unigraphics (NX) experience....

Hello! Thank you for your informations. I've made some experiments.

The "Delete"-Key you can't assign, it's blocked with the command "UG_EDIT_DELETE". It's possible to create a different Shortcut e.g. "Alt+Delete" to delete an operation, this is the command "UG_CAM_ONT_DELETE".

I would like to know why "Delete" is blocked. The "Insert"-Key has no default-function. It would be possible to assign the Insert-Key with the "UG_CAM_ONT_DELETE"-Key. Is this logical?

Does anyone use the "Delete"-Key with the blocked function "UG_EDIT_DELETE"? I can't imagine.

In my oppinion it makes no sense to assign the "Delete"-Key with such a strange command like "UG_EDIT_DELETE".

UG_EDIT_DELETE is the regular delete action for regular NX objects.

CAM objects are special and have their own delete option.

You may request an enhancement at GTAC to allow deletion of all NX objects with the regular NX delete function.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

The Delete key in NX deletes the object that is selected in the graphics screen. In CAM, there are no NX objects in the graphics screen, so the delete key has nothing to delete. In some other applications, it looks like the delete key is deleting what is selected in the navigator, because there is a direct connection between the navigator and the graphics. 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information