cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome GTAC BBS users

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to our GTAC BBS users. We're glad you found us.

The many posts on the BBS (old Bulletin Board System) were written and accessed by Siemens PLM customers with webkey accounts.  Those posts were, and remain, visible only to customers with webkeys, so not everyone who uses the NX Manufacturing Forum will be able to view them. 

However, there is a lot of useful history and discussion in those posts, so you will be glad to know they remain available to our webkey-enabled customers here on the NX Manufacturing Forum. They live on as a searchable archive of the GTAC BBS boards for CAM and CMM.  If your community ID has an associated webkey, you should be able to see the "GTAC Customer Forums Archive" section of the community and navigate your way to the searchable archives.

See the "Migrating the BBS to Community" forum post at the top level of the Siemens PLM Community.  Susan provides lots of details for making sure your account is set up correctly.  If you were a GTAC BBS user and can't see the archives here, let Susan know as a followup to that post.

From here on out, this board, the "Discussion Forum - NX Manufacturing" will be the place for posts, questions, and examples for NX CAM and CMM. 

I am sure that all of us here at the NX for Manufacturing Forum are thrilled that you will be participating here, sharing your expertise and engaging with an even broader community of users.

Derek Hart
... if we're not having fun, we're not doing it right!
6 REPLIES

Re: Welcome GTAC BBS users

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Derek (or whomever)

It looks like (at least some) tcl code posted with [code] tags got completely hosed.

e.g. search for my reply to Kal's request for "moog_show_globals"

I don't think

#if  {} else {continue}

is particularly enlightening  - it should be something like 

# if [string compare $global_var "errorInfo"] {} else {continue}

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Community Manager

Thanks, Ken. The community team is looking at it, and I'll keep you posted. We certainly want to maintain all of that TCL content!

Derek Hart

So I got an e-mail from Siemens asking me if my question was answered, I don't understand what this is for.

Does this close the thread if I select "Solution accepted"

I don't usually close threads, because you don't know if someone is going to add something to your conversation that is valuable. Can you please explain this accepting solution philosophy?

Jake Hardwick
CNC Programmer
Senior Aerospace AMT
Production NX8.5.3.3 Beta testing NX10.0.1.4

Community Manager

If you say "solution accepted," then the thread gets an additional little graphic that helps people see that there is an answer inside of it that at least somebody thought was the right answer :-)  It appears as a little check mark at the beginning of the thread title.

It does not close the thread, so feel free to mark things as solutions if you think they are good answers!

Check out this thread to see how Mark's answer ended up as "accepted," and what that looks like:

http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Discussion-Forum-NX/What-is-the-best-procedure-for-mu...

Derek Hart

Community Manager

Just a quick update on the two BBS migration issues raised here:

1) code content disappears (selectively) - thanks Ken

2) no attachments migrated - thanks KAL

We've definitely found the reason for the attachments not getting migrated.  The team is looking at solutions to bring the attachments forward.

Some progress has been made understanding what is happening with the code blocks, but I don't think that is completely solved yet.  But it is a priority task for the migration team and we'll keep working it.

Sorry for the inconvenience as we switch over. We certainly understand the value of these missing pieces and are working to get them fully restored in the archive board. I'll keep you posted.

Derek Hart

Community Manager

I'm happy to report that our NX Community managers have tracked down the missing attachments from the GTAC BBS.  You should see the attachments indicated on the postings now and when you visit that post, it will show up as "edited" on Oct 1 2014.  That edit represents the restoration of the attachment.

The [code] translation issue has been resolved with this update, too.  As Ken pointed out, the [code] tags did not getting parsed correctly in the site transition, but the posts with [code] tags should also show as "edited" and contain the correct code content.

I believe we will see a brief note to this effect at the top of the "archive" boards now, as a reminder, but I wanted to be the first to tell you the good news :-)

Derek Hart

Learn online

Solution Information