Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I use two MCS

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hi,

I need to do in PP, if I use two MCS. And I want to have when I generate g code security warning, that I use two MCS (or more).

If I click yes genereting g code will continued, If I click no genereting will stoped.

And file (output g code) name must be the same like program group/operation name.

Please watch movie and you will see, what I want to have.

6 REPLIES

Re: When I use two MCS

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hi,

find variable which carries mcs name and compare it every operation (via variable browser or debugger)

MOM_display_message - use for show message/question  (see documentation how to use it)

Naming nc file like program group name - browse for some similar threads in this forum.

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hi juraj,

can you be more specific?

Phenom
Phenom
It is possible that you may have to iterate through the geometry view before posting using "cycle_objects". I used to do this but don't have the code anymore. A search through the forum on that may show some useful information to code it. The types (main local special type) may be important too. My post used to look at that as well.
NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Legend
Legend

I have a message set to pop up warning me if the MCS changes. I named the commands with where they are placed (e.g. xxxxx_start-of-path) , this way you can tell where to put them. Sometimes I want multiple MCS, so it is just a warning for me. It does not exit posting if they change, but could be set up to do so by just returning form the command. 

Does anyone know of a command that completely exits posting if called? Abort process comes to mind, not where to put it just yet.

message.PNGstart of path.PNGend of path.PNGstart of prog.PNG

Glenn Balon
Production: NX 12.0.1.7 MP1 Primarily CAM

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

This is a snippit of how I use the Abort command.

There may be other similar commands

global mom_log_name

global mom_fixture_offset_value

set user [string toupper $mom_logname ]

if { $mom_fixture_offset_value == 0 } {MOM_abort "

HEY!! $user THE FIXTURE OFFSET VALUE IS SET TO ZERO ! !
CHECK THE MCS

"}

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace
Statements and opinions are mine alone and do not reflect
the opinion of my employer or any other member of the human race

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

If you use MOM_abort, note you can add "\n" characters (newline) to split out your message from the "fluff" that is there by default.  E.g.:

set message "\n\n\n**********************************************************************************************"
set message "$message\n$OBJECT_NAME: $SEVERITY - $MESSAGE"
set message "$message\n**********************************************************************************************\n\n\n"
MOM_abort $message

(in this case, OBJECT_NAME, SEVERITY, and MESSAGE are variables passed into the proc)

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Learn online

Solution Information