cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where Can I get a CSE Driver?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I would like to get a CSE driver for a Nakamura Tome WT150 and have been running into issues. I have asked my NX reseller and they said it was too hard for them to do. I emailed a few different emails at JANUS engineering and haven't recieved a response. I figure if nobody wants to make one I would ask for a quote for the machine configurator. It's been 3 weeks waiting for the quote and a little bit of poking and haven't got any answers on this. My question is where are you obtaining your CSE drivers that your company uses? Where could I be able to obtain a CSE driver for this machine?

Using NX 8.0.3.4
5 REPLIES

Re: Where Can I get a CSE Driver?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

There are only a few CSE drivers available to my knowledge:

1. Sinumerik
  2. Heidenhain TNC
  3. Fanuc
  4. Heidenhain MillPlus
  5. Okuma

Any controller that is based on Fanuc uses that and an additional parser.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

the machine has fanuc controls, but all the M codes are unique. Don't you need a custom CSE driver to handle this? If I simulate the G-code, I am sure there are commands the OTB stuff won't know.

Using NX 8.0.3.4

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

There are two ways to handle this:

1. use a custom parser to convert the custom commands to standard commands
  2. edit the MCF file to add external sub-programs with ACL and native code to handle the custom commands

I don't know if that machine is very common, so you would expect heavy customization in the case it is not.

It seems that currently all third party NX CAM consultant companies are heavily loaded with work.

Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

aluminum2 wrote:

I figure if nobody wants to make one I would ask for a quote for the machine configurator.

The machine configurator license is expensive and the tool is not user-friendly.

We get our CSE machine kits from Janus, but we have the Heidenhain TNC and the Sinumerik controls, so there is already a driver shipping with NX.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks, I guess those are all things I would have to learn. On this 99% of the g-codes used are common.

Using NX 8.0.3.4

Learn online

Solution Information