Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Where can I find specific information about MOM_capture_path_gif_image?

More specific, are there any options available with the MOM_capture_path_gif_image command? I would like to have better control over the view orientation when generating tool path images for shop docs.

9 REPLIES

Re: Where can I find specific information about MOM_capture_path_gif_image?

MOM_capture_path_gif_image <opr_name> [<output>] allows you to selectively specify from which operations to capture tool path images in the currently displayed view. It does not allow you to specify multiple view orientations. In Shop Docs it is not possible to automatically capture and display tool paths in specific view orientations.

When will that capability be available? I have a program with 282 operations executed on almost all surfaces of my part. I'd really like to be able to automate the documentation process to capture images that are useful.

I cannot say when Shop Docs will have the capability of automatically and capturing and displaying multiple view orientations. However, I can say that there is an open enhancement request for this capability that is currently being explored.

Our plan is to have image capture make use of the saved Layout/Layer, which utilizes NX views, cameras, and layer masks.

We have started working on this in 9.0.1 to make that possible in the future. Save Layout/Layer is being expanded from MCS groups and Turning operations to cover all operations. We are also adding the API for "Switch Layout/Layer", so it can be done from a program.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Mark,

Is there any news on this? We are trying to develope a HTML setup sheet right now and would like to add saved views/layouts. We would also really like to add drawings from the drafting application (I understand this might be a little more difficult)

Jake Hardwick
CNC Programmer
Senior Aerospace AMT
Production NX8.5.3.3 Beta testing NX10.0.1.4

With API code this could be done now (as a matter of fact, I used to have code to demo this back in v18 or so).

You would need a scheme to associate a particular layout/view setup with each operation (or group of ops) but it can be done.

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Ken,

I'm very much a noob with anything but G code or TCL code.  When you say use API code, are you talking about journaling? I've just barley scratched the surface of the record journal function but it looks like that gives me enough stuff that I could most likely stumble my way through something simple (I don't think this qualifies under the simple heading).  If you're talking about programming something from scratch (in java/c++?) I don't think I'm capable of that undertaking, not yet anyway but I'm still young Smiley Happy 

Would your suggestion be only for associating layouts/layers/views that are available in the manufacturing application or can you use API and/or journaling to access drawings from the drafting application? I know the drawings we make for setup sheets are in the same part file as the manufacturing setup but I don't know if you can pull that info through journaling while in manufacturing?

Thanks for helping out a rookie with all this stuff.  You are a wonderful resource on the forums!

Jake Hardwick
CNC Programmer
Senior Aerospace AMT
Production NX8.5.3.3 Beta testing NX10.0.1.4

You can't create the DLL by journaling, since the code needed is not journalable.

In general API means NXOpen API, which can be used by various development languages, like C/C++, VB.NET, C#, etc.

If you haven't used a development language supported by NXOpen API, it will be really hard for you to create the DLL.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

The only recent enhancement is API support for save/restore layer/layout, and the ability to put this item on milling and drilling operations.

The documentation for capturing images of paths is in   HomeCAMManufacturing GeneralShop DocumentationCustomization of Output FormatEvent HandlerCommands.  Look at the INST keyword for cycling objects.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information