Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Where is postprocess file saved

Legend
Legend
@DaveK, Please see attached image. You may need to scroll down a bit more. I think the options are not sorted out alphabeticlly.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Of course, why would they be organized alphabetically Smiley Wink  Thanks, I found it now.

So when will this "root activity" show up, the next time the CAM guys save a PTP and tell it to go to Tc?

or do we have to have process planner for this to work?

-Dave
NX 11 testing NX1847+ | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 10

Legend
Legend
Hi DaveK, Ask the CAM person topost process the toolpath from NX. Once its done, ask to save the NX part file. When you save the file, one dialogue will appear. Just click OK button to import the post process file into Teamcenter. Then go to Teamcenter, under that ITEM revision, you should have root_activity with post processed file. If you see the named referance of the dataset, you will see .ptp file. Note: - Check what extension you have for post processed files. Teamcenter has default extension to import .ptp files. If you have any other extension (depending on what CNC machine accepts), you need to configure the dataset to accept other extensions than .ptp

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Will do, I'm trying to get with the CAM guys this morning.

Side note, the post processed file's extension, is set/changed via Post Builder, correct?  It's been awhile since I've done any post building cam stuff directly, so the brain cells are dusty.  I've looked in the NX customer defaults, but didn't notice anything.

-Dave

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Well, I'm still not seeing the "root_activity", but I was able to export post processed .min code, by selecting the two high lighted "things" and saving the named reference.  It is not intuitive that these would be the code, based on them having the machine name.  At first glanced, we thought it was just a reference to the machine/template that was used, and the tools it used below that.

Programs.JPG

-Dave

Legend
Legend
Hi DaveK,
Yes the postprocessed file extension is set in Post Builder.

Legend
Legend

Can I use any Item Type to store datasets with .ptp file instead MENCMachining item?

Legend
Legend

Hi Alex_c,

YES if you are storing it manually.

NO if you are working in NX CAM integrated with Teamcenter.

Legend
Legend
I noticed that in cam_general mode the PTP file is stored as named reference in UGMASTER dataset. It's solution too, but as i understand in NX managed mode(via TC) we have to use TC Manufacturing application to create MENCMachining(and only MENCMachining type) item and then after post processing and saving we'll see UGCAMPTP dataset and some other under MENCMaching Revision?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Note you can "save as" to another item type in NX/Managed mode (I don't remember if you have to set a customer default to see this?)

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Learn online

Solution Information