cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which font for Operationtype "Planar Text"?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello! I need information about Operationtype "Planar Text". Which fonts are suitable for this operationtype?

In CAD they use blockfont. It works but is has no vowel mutation ("Umlaute"). We tried Arial Unicode MS, which has "Umlaute" but the result is not so pretty:

2016-07-07 08_12_47-NX 10 - Fertigung - [D1769131_0-pallet (Modifiziert, Schreibgeschützt)    (!)].png

Please look at the "Ü". It's different to Ä and Ö.

I tried the font "iso-1" and the result was good.

Which font should we prefer to have a good result for future?

2 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Which font for Operationtype "Planar Text"?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

latin_extended is recommended for German when you need only a center line.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Re: Which font for Operationtype "Planar Text"?

Genius
Genius

the fonts with the small nx icon on the left of the name are single stroke  nx fonts, the ones with the A on the left of the name are standard windows fonts.

I think you should prefer the nx ones because they are single stroke and the resulting single-trace tool path is simpler.

It is possible to add character to nx fonts, the nx font files are in ...\NX N.NN\UGII\ugfonts, where you can also find an utility (ugfontc.exe) to convert compiled fnx font files into source fnt font files (ugfontc –u compiledFontFileName.fnx)

Once you have the source fnt file you can open it with a standard editor, add the characters you need and then convert back the source fnt file into the compiled  fnx file (ugfontc –c sourceFontFileName.fnt).

However, adding characters is not simple and you could also have missing characters problems if you exchange files containing “custom font” text with other sites.

Since iso-1 has the characters you need, is single-stroke nx font and is also looking good, I think the best choice is to go on with that one.

ciao

Learn online

Solution Information