cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Words linked in Post Builder

Pioneer
Pioneer

For some reason in the Word Summary table some of the words are linked. If I change the number of Integers for N or if I check any of the boxes such as Leading zeros, a couple of other words change with it. Most improtantly S. So if I want to have my N have 4 digits with leading zeros (N0010) then my spindle speed changes accordingly so instead of S400 I get S0400. Its not a big deal, but I'm just curious if this is by design or if theres a way I can edit them independently. Mainly so if I make an edit in the future to a certain word, some other random word doensn't change along with it since some of our machines require a certain amount of digits for certain adresses.

NX 10.0.2 PB 10.0.2
3 REPLIES

Re: Words linked in Post Builder

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

You can always make a new word my_S and assign a format to it or create your own format as well.

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace Connecticut
www.senioraeroct.com
Production: NX10.0.3.5, Vericut 8.0.3
Development: Tcl/Tk
Testing: NX11.0.2.7

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

If you edit a word, look at the "format" item.

What is probably happening is "N" and "S" share the same format (e.g. "Digit_4")

You can either...

NC Data Definitions tab -> Word tab -> Select word -> Click on "New" in "format" area -> give it a name & set how you want

or...

NC Data Definitions tab -> Format tab -> click on "Create" -> name and set up as desired

then in NC Data Definitions tab -> Word tab -> Select word -> Select that format in the drop list in the "format" area

You can also set other places as well.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Pioneer
Pioneer

Ken,

That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!!

NX 10.0.2 PB 10.0.2

Learn online

Solution Information