Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Words linked in Post Builder

For some reason in the Word Summary table some of the words are linked. If I change the number of Integers for N or if I check any of the boxes such as Leading zeros, a couple of other words change with it. Most improtantly S. So if I want to have my N have 4 digits with leading zeros (N0010) then my spindle speed changes accordingly so instead of S400 I get S0400. Its not a big deal, but I'm just curious if this is by design or if theres a way I can edit them independently. Mainly so if I make an edit in the future to a certain word, some other random word doensn't change along with it since some of our machines require a certain amount of digits for certain adresses.

NX 10.0.2 PB 10.0.2
3 REPLIES

Re: Words linked in Post Builder

You can always make a new word my_S and assign a format to it or create your own format as well.

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace Connecticut
www.senioraeroct.com
Production: NX10.0.3.5, Vericut 8.0
Development: Tcl/Tk
Testing: NX11.0.1
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author JasonP
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

If you edit a word, look at the "format" item.

What is probably happening is "N" and "S" share the same format (e.g. "Digit_4")

You can either...

NC Data Definitions tab -> Word tab -> Select word -> Click on "New" in "format" area -> give it a name & set how you want

or...

NC Data Definitions tab -> Format tab -> click on "Create" -> name and set up as desired

then in NC Data Definitions tab -> Word tab -> Select word -> Select that format in the drop list in the "format" area

You can also set other places as well.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Ken,

That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!!

NX 10.0.2 PB 10.0.2

Learn online

Solution Information