Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

XZC issue

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Hello everyone,

I noticed a problem with XZC transformation on non-linked post (sim15). I try to get output from the face of my part (along Z axis) with XZC. 

XZC.PNG

My post output strange values, where X change only on the corner with very small difference (do not cut the edge!)

On straight line only C axis moves, so path is rounded.

Polar transformation works good. 

The problem exists on radial mill with XZC transformation too. 

I work on fanuc, but on sinumeric also the problem occurs. 

Someone know how solve this problem?

Best regards,

Jack

8 REPLIES 8

Re: XZC issue

Phenom
Phenom
I think this is because polar mode by itself does not break up linear moves to interpolate XC instead. You would have to make the path break into a bunch of segments (though it would take a lot - may not be good results anyway) or use a machine polar mode (XY changed by machine to XC.)
NX12.02
Windows 10 Pro
ITC Inc.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The code looks like it is not in polar G112, but G113, the C values are angular and not linear. Did you set polar on with the UDE? Also, for polar interpolation, it is best to start in quadrant 1 where the X values are positive.

Solution Partner Pioneer

No, it is not Polar transformation. I want to try XZC (Lock Axis) motion in classic way with physical C axis output.

I noticed also, that in sim 15 when path starts on negative side of X, the code is wrong, like mirrored tool from the other side want to machine part. 

My polar transformation is OK, that was not my question Smiley Happy

Edit:

The wrong (rounded) output is only for the straight path, on curved is excellent, even in radial cut

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

If you insist on leaving C as rotary angle, you will probably not like the result on the machine ("flat" faces will have facets).

I use "C as rotary" for drilling type operations, all milling use G12/G112/G12.1/G137 (Okuma) /TRANSMIT

Is there a reason you are insisting on using "C as rotary" ? (i.e. what problem do you perceive this as fixing?)

Also, for most controls I am familiar with, when entering G12/G112/G12.1/G137 (Okuma) /TRANSMIT, the C axis *must* be at zero, X axis on the positive side.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Solution Partner Pioneer

Sorry for long absence. 

I need this solution (XZC without polar mode) to replace the polar mode on the machine. 

This machine does not have the polar mode unlock, so I must set the physically XZC motion. 

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Hello @Jack_29 ,

Please, try to add the lines below in the PB_CMD_set_xzc_mode (I get the OOTB procesure in the Sim15 post).

Untitled.png

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Jean Marcel
Application Engineer
Ally PLM Solutions | PROLIM PLM

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

@Jack_29 ,

I forgot to mention in my previous post, but the OOTB Sim15 post uses a Set Coodinate Transformation UDE to switch between Normal, Polar or XZC modes.

Untitled.png

If you would like to continue using the Lock Axis UDE I would like to recommend you to add the 3 lines showed in the previsous post in some PB_CMD in the Start of Program or Start of Path.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Jean Marcel
Application Engineer
Ally PLM Solutions | PROLIM PLM

Solution Partner Pioneer

Thanks for help guys! This is the easiest way to achieve correct results!

Learn online

Solution Information