Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z LEVEL 5AXIS PROBLEM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello guys,

At first sorry for my poor english.

I have some problems with nx 5 axis operations.I can create 5 axis process easily but output of nc codes not working smootly on machine.while programme working on machine,there are always happening a bit stopping movements again and again.This is affecting surface quality and machine time so much.I sent you a section of a mould and nc code output.the machine is dmg  hsc105 lineer.I cant understand what is the problem?I am not expert on 5axis machining and post processors.

I am waiting for your sugestions.thank you.

-----------------------------------------
NX 11.0.2.7 MP3 / Testing NX 12.0.0.27 / CanikSoft NC Post-Processing & G-Code Simulation
www.plast-met.com.tr
www.caniksoft.com
20 REPLIES

Re: Z LEVEL 5AXIS PROBLEM

PLM World Member Creator PLM World Member Creator
PLM World Member Creator

Hello,

Have you tried using M120?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I dont know affect of M120.

at this time I  use nx10.0.3.5 and ı am sending a video 

(view in My Videos)

NX 11.0.2.7 MP3 / Testing NX 12.0.0.27 / CanikSoft NC Post-Processing & G-Code Simulation
www.plast-met.com.tr
www.caniksoft.com

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Use tool axis towards point to get rid of the B-axis movement, which should be better suited for the machine.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

can u send me prt file with changes of tool axis.ı want to test it on machine.

if you see prt file ı want b axis 15 degree but output of nc codes there are a lot of b axis changes between 13-15 degree.why this is happening?why ı couldnt fix b axis.

www.plast-met.com.tr
www.caniksoft.com

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Attached find the edited part file, there should be one B axis change per level only.

Through point doesn't use a fixed tilted axis, but it keeps the tilt axis the same for one level.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I open prt file but tool axis still away from part,Stefan.I suppose u didnt do any changes.

is there a way create 5axis z level operation with fixed tool axis and get smooth tool path movements on machine.

www.plast-met.com.tr
www.caniksoft.com

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,

are you sure everything is correct with your post? Taking a look at the internal path (listing the toolpaht from the operation dialog) we can see that the z-component of the tool-axis vector is constant (0.9659258). This should cause a constant b-axis on an ortogonal kinematic like yours.

To test this i used one of my posts and got a constant tilt angle to the z-axis of 15 degrees.

In general i agree with stefan to use orientation toward point in this case, especially to get a smooth and continious movement of the c-axis. Furthermore i would use a far smaller in/out-tol to take into accont the small size of the tool. Your in/out-tol leeds to direction changes in the path up to 10 degrees between the single linear segment. Another effect is that you have changes of the c-axis up to 3 degrees from one nc-point to the next.

And check if there are any side effects while using CYCLE392 and CYCLE32 in one program. As far as i know CYCLE392 is a DMG cycle to control the dynamic of the machine. Maybe you have to use either 392 or 32. But I'm not sure at this point.

Regards,

Peter

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

we dont use nx own post builder and ı am not expert on post processors.ı'm not sure my post processor right or false for that ı send nc codes if there is an error in my post processor.to tell the truth ı am in trouble with this and ı dont know what to do

www.plast-met.com.tr
www.caniksoft.com

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

is the posted nc-file exactly the ouput of your post for the operation in the provided nx-part?

Learn online

Solution Information