Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZLevel avoid hole

Experimenter
Experimenter

By default Zlevel sees holes in the solid and it automatically creates approach and retracts moves to avoid the hole.  How do I get zlevel to avoid that and ignore the hole? If I posted in the wrong area of this forum, my apologies, this is my first time posting here.

4 REPLIES

Re: ZLevel avoid hole

Genius
Genius

One good cheater move would be make a linked body

use synchronize modeling to delete the hole

Another option is to use patch opening

{Paul Schneider}, {CNC Programmer}, {DRT-Rochester}

Production: {NX11.0.2,MP5, NX12.0.1, MP2}

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

with modeling it is easy to patch holes. the challange used to be that the surface(s) used as cut area in the current operation must have been subset of the part geometry group. including it in the part in late stage of the programing would cause the other operations, already generated, to get a red flag, and other operations expected to go in those holes would be identified as gouging.

In the recent versions of NX12.X we borke this prerequisite, so the part within the workpiece is the actual target you want to get (and gouge check against) and any operation can use "technological surfaces" as part of the cut area definition that are not necessarily subset of the part.

A good reason to upgrade your NX versionSmiley Happy  

Eddy Finaro
NX CAM Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @ngmatt , 

I attached an example part, have a look at operation details.

I used a simple surface to avoid hole which i created with Patch Openings command and after i defined it to Workpiece. Also, select the surface in the operation too.

avoid-holes.PNG

Cheers,

Ahmet ÜNKÜR

Cad/Cam Engineer

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator
Hi, Another trick is extract geometry, but sometimes extracted surface need to be healed before set as part or cut area. Hope this will help. Maryadi PT.Mitra Makmur Teknologi

Learn online

Solution Information