Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change in GMe_Set5AxisTransformation ChannelName

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Hello,

would not someone know how to modify the "default" setting in SetKinematicTransformation in the GMe_Set5AxisTransformation method? I need "default" to set the channel name for two channel strings.

Thank you

9 REPLIES

Re: change in GMe_Set5AxisTransformation ChannelName

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Hi,

please clarify if you talk about channels or chains.
GMe_Set5AxisTransformation expects a chain(name) as parameter. If no chain is given, "default" is used as chainname.

The usage of this method is fully independent of you channel settings or names!! This has nothing to do with each other

Thomas

Solution Partner Genius

Hello Thomas,

it is a machine that has two portals, but each portal is managed separately. In order to simulate the two portals on one project, I created the machine as a two channel. I used the cse driver from sim05_mill_5ax Heidenhain simulation. In kinematics, I set the axes for the first channel X1-Y1-Z1-B1-C1 and for the second X2-Y2-Z2-B2-C2. I set the kinematic strings on the machine model to CHAIN1 and CHAIN2. In CSE I set GV_strSwivelingChainName - "CHAIN" + getChannelName (). For 3ax milling and for simultaneous 5-axis machining, everything works, but it reports that the index is not setKinematicTransformation "default".

Since setKinematikTransformation is set in GMe_Set5AxisTransformation and it is locked, I created my own GMe_Set5AxisTransformation. No message is displayed and the simulation runs, but B and C are not positioned.

So I do not have to edit the names of axes in CSE because they are fixed to XYZCB, so I used the ini setJointAlias for all axes in ini.

Siemens Phenom

If you get the message that "default" was not found, when using the mthod GMe_Set5AxisTransformation, this indicates that the given chain could not be found in the kinematic model. Please check this by testing a "hardcoded" string as parameter in TRAORI. Also ensure that the underlaying kinematic model in CAM is up to date (chain names). You can display the chain name in Setup Configurator to verify this.

Within the GMe-5AxisTransformation method there is no big magic in. Simply use the method as in the OOTB samples.

If there are required information missing let us know. 

Thomas

2018-01-29 15_28_58-XML Notepad - C__Users_feind_AppData_Local_Temp_re_mc_tp_1517235940204.xml.png2018-01-29 15_29_26-Machine Configurator - [D__Programs_NX_NX12ip_mach_resource_library_machine_inst.png

Solution Partner Genius

This is how everything is set. In this setting, everything running only does not support the PLANE machining plane and the 4/5 axis remains at zero. With M128, everything works on both channels.

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

6.PNG

Siemens Phenom

This is also what I expect ;-) You never mentioned that you struggle with the PLANE. The GMe_Set5AxisTransformation is not used by PLANE. This story is a bit different. 

Attached is a snapshot from the sim09 sample where we use different kinematic chains in PLANE. In this case to change the chain if a head is mounted. We introduced (with NX11 or NX1003) a method (GMe_GetActiveChain) where you can easily handle the chain names based on a number. This method is used in TNC, Sinumerik, and Fanuc CCF files. Initially this method returns without any modifications "default" to have an basic return value and to ensure no legacy regressions. In your case I guess this is the problem. You never called this method and in additon you didn´t changed the code in there.

2018-01-29 17_42_18-XML Notepad - C__Users_feind_AppData_Local_Temp_re_mc_tp_1517244100135.xml.png

You have to adapt the PLANE metacode in MCF file to be able to set the current active chain in there based on a number. In your case you can use the channel number. Either by a simple IF case within PLANE or with the mentioned method. This is up to you. 

Thomas

Solution Partner Genius

I added the method to the driver, but the error is displayed during the simulation. I went through it and I did not find the mistake.

ERROR.PNG

Siemens Phenom

There are some mistakes inside.

At first, please don´t make a simple copy paste from the PLANE sample in Sim09. It doesn´t make sense in your case to evaulate if a head is mounted! Adapt it for your machine. You have to evaluate the current channel and set depending on this information the chain. Either by calling the method or directly within the PLANE code.

Second, you forgot to add the parameter "Value" in the method GMe_GetActiveChainName.

Thomas

Experimenter
Experimenter

Can you give me 4 axis video + 5 axis NX? i am Vietnamese thank you

Solution Partner Genius

After a long time, I came back to this problem and managed to adjust the CSE to position B and C, but I encountered another problem that the axes are offset, but they are working in the wrong place. The tracks are offset and offset. It takes the wrong plane.
Everything went through PLANE, but I can not think of what might be wrong.

Thank you

Learn online

Solution Information