Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

cycle83; DAM parameter negative value NX10

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to give the DAM parameter in the Siemens cycle83 a negative value? I'm busy writing a specification for a postprocessor. This DAM parameter can be equel to 0, > 0 for degression as a quantity or <0 for degression as a factor. I can't give NX a negative value for this parameter in the cycle parameters because it returns a warning that this should be a value equel to 0 or greater then 0. I think it should be possible.

Best Regards

Niek Eilering

Weir Minerals the Netherlands

16 REPLIES

Re: cycle83; DAM parameter negative value NX10

Hi Niek,

You may consider to extend the relevant ootb cycle types with the following cycle parameters

PARAM cycle_step_degression_value

{

TYPE d

DEFVAL "0.0"

UI_LABEL "Value of Degression"

}

PARAM cycle_step_degression_percentage

{

TYPE d

DEFVAL "0.0"

UI_LABEL "Percent of Degression"

}

PARAM cycle_step_degression_minimum

{

TYPE d

DEFVAL "0.0"

UI_LABEL "Minimum Distance"

}

This will enable the selection of Depth Increment type Degression as well as %Degression (like already available when selecting Single Moves: Drilling with chip breakage). 

This will make sure that the relevant parameters will be sent to the post. You will then need to adapt the post to respond to these parameters.

Regards,

Toon van der Kooi

NX CAM Development

Hi Toon,

Thanks for your reply. I was already thinking to build additional lines in the OOTB siemens cycle UDE. But with this nice option in the cycle parameters where we can easily determine the values of the step parameters, it is too bad we can't make this DAM parameter a negative value. Maybe a extention with the option degression in the depth increments would be helpfull.

Thanks!!!!

If the issue is INPUT related, then maybe add a 2nd parameter per the suggestion.

Then check the params and multiple the mom_*_dam value by "-1" if appropriate for output

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

I assume he needs all 3  ...

PARAM cycle_step_degression_value goes with a DAM > 0

PARAM cycle_step_degression_percentage goes with DAM < 0

and

PARAM cycle_step_degression_minimum goes with _MDEP

where depth_increment_type equals 10 indicates that degression by value is selected and depth_increment_type equals 11 means degression by factor (and cycle_step1 defines the first drilling depth )

(BTW I have excluded the mom_ prefix)

Hi Toon,

Do I have to add 2 more depth increments in the pulldown? The depth_increment_type for Multiple is 7 en for User Defined is 9. You talk about 10 en 11. How do I get those 2 types (10 and 11) added to NX? It may be a stupid question, but I really don't know....

Niek

Hi Niek,

This is not a stupid question, on the contrary ...

When you add the three system parameters I mentioned before, NX CAM will recognize them and conclude that the list of depth increment types can be extended with two additional options.

In general, you can create your own cycle types and extend existent cycle types. You can add your own parameters (to both) as well as add system parameters (to both).

A system parameter is a parameter recognized by NX CAM associated with a certain interpretation. We deliver a standard set of cycles with standard cycle parameters, we also have an additional set of standard parameters as visible for the expanded (Single Move) cycle types. What is currently available for expanded cycles can be added to canned (machine) cycles as well. Adding system parameters to your canned cycle definition will also have influence on internal emulation of your machine cycle (e.g. verify, time calculation)

To stick (close) to your use case

Any (machine) cycle with a step1 parameter will have depth_increment type Exact, Constant and (for legacy purposes, i.e. NXCAM should not interpret this parameter) User defined

PARAM step1

{

TYPE d

DEFVAL "0.1"

UI_LABEL "Step 1"

}

As soon as you add a step2 to you cycle type definition you will receive an additional depth increment type (Multiple).

The ootb Drill,Deep[,BreakChip] cycle types define 3 step parameters (step1, step2 and step3) and thus will show the depth increment options Exact, Constant, User defined and Multiple

(Note that the Drill,Tap,Deep and Drill,Tap,BreakChip cycles have a single step1 parameter and thus don't have Multiple as an option)

To have degression by value as an option, the cycle type definition will need to contain the step_degression_value parameter (next to a step1).

{

TYPE d

DEFVAL "0.0"

}

To have a %degression option the cycle type definition will need to contain step_degression_percentage and step_degression_minimum (next to a step1).

{

TYPE d

DEFVAL "0.0"

}

{

TYPE d

DEFVAL "0.0"

}

Let me know if this answers your question.

Regards,

Toon van der Kooi

NX CAM Development 

Hi Toon,

I gues, I have to add these params to the ude.cdl? But I can't find the PARAM step1 anywhere in the UDE.cdl

I think there should be another file where I should add the additional PARAMS?

Regards,

Niek

ps: are you located in the Netherlands?

Hi Niek,

Yes, you have to include this into "a" cdl file. A qucik test would be to include them within the ootb ude.cdl (but on the long run you'd probably create them per machine config/post processor using the available modification tool(s) (Post Configurator?))

To extend a ootb (system) cycle, see example below (to create a new cycle use CYCLE instead of SYS_CYCLE)

(or Drill_Deep_Breakchip or Drill_Tap_Deep or "Drill_Tap_Breakchip)

SYS_CYCLE Drill_Deep 
{
UI_LABEL "Tap with Day"
PARAM sys_group_start
{
TYPE g
DEFVAL "START_OPEN"
UI_LABEL "System Parameters"
}

{

TYPE d

DEFVAL "0.0"

}

{

TYPE d

DEFVAL "0.0"

}

{

TYPE d

DEFVAL "0.0"

}

PARAM sys_group_end
{
TYPE g
DEFVAL "END"
}

}

The step1 .. step3 parameters are already added behind the scenes (for ootb standard cycle types). so no worry about these. 

greetings (from the NetherlandsSmiley Happy),

Toon van der Kooi

NX CAM Development

Hi Toon,

When I add your suggested code. NX gives me a parser error on a definition file from the PP. Do I need to do something more then just add the code to the ude.cdl (I used this cdl for test purpose)? Does this def file need some editing, because of the sys_cycle add in the ude.cdl

Regards,

Niek

Learn online

Solution Information