Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

dmg cycles nx12.0.2.9

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hi experts,

Could somebody how can I use heidenhein UDE cycles(208-267) for hole or pocket milling in NX12.0.2.9(ootb sim08 machine).

For the drilling I can use the udes(there is option for all cyycles), but in hole milling there is no option for that.

Thx the help in advance 

Jácint

12 REPLIES 12

Re: dmg cycles nx12.0.2.9

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

In general, I try to avoid using the on-machine cycles for MILLING, as they don't have all the flexibility of an NX operation, and NX isn't really set up to output them.  (I do use them for drilling)

You're using an NC programming system to create the NC code, so just output it as code, not a cycle.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I would prefer to have the holemilling operation as a cycle. Now holemilling is presented as an operation in the holemaking template. So, it shares all motions like the other drill operations. But in reality it turns out to be a mill operation.

It would be better if was presented a proper milling operation, which is how it behaves. Or make it a drill operation so you can handle like the rest of the drill operations.

Maybe you only see this as a problem if you have anything to do with a postprocessor, normal users shouldn't notice what is going on behind the scenes.

W10 NX12.0.2.9
testing v1847

Solution Partner Creator

Ken_A,

I understand Your oppinion, but a lot if times it is a serious request.( to see in the nc code a cycl call not a lot of movement line).

As You know hard work to change the customer's thinking.

Jácint

Solution Partner Creator

Hi DJS,

The main problem is:

Why not selectable (and why not works the cycl208-cycl252(hole,pocket,thread millling)) UDE when I create hole milling operation. When I create drill operation I can select the dmg's UDE.(and it is works well)

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Ah, now I understand. Yes, that would be fine too: an UDE to choose for a specific cycle.
W10 NX12.0.2.9
testing v1847

When I need to implement a "not out of the box" cycle, I have always:

1) Created a UDE with the cycle parameters (note there is NO associativity of these params to the model, unless you use point/vector parameters) (note you can still set min clearance & cycle depth)

2) Users use s PTP "Standard text" cycle in the operation, & add the UDE (This is used to position the tool above the feature).  Note for non-hole features, positioning in a consistant manner will be an issue.

3) I over-ride proc "MOM_drill_text_move".  I check for the one of the UDE variables for each UDE (this implies every UDE param is uniquely named), then call the appropriate proc to output the cycle call.

4) Sometimes I define the cycle call as a macro, sometimes just as a block template (depends on control and when I first created the post)

Note I've also done things where the user picks multiple points, wheich I save, then only output the macro after the last point is encountered (e.g. for a rectangular pocket, the cycle points would be the 4 corners, and then the position of  the 4 corners would be associative.  And the pocket cycle would not be called until the 4th time MOM_drill_text_move is called)

Have you tried adding this as a SYS_CYCLE in the CDL file. I would prefer this over an UDE.

Never tested it on my own, so your mileage may vary.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.2, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

I keep forgetting to try adding as SYS_CYCLE.

Note also we typically still use PTP not holemaking (I don't believe the SYS_CYCLEs show up in PTP, but I've never tried to see whether they do)

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

With drilling one has the ability to extend system cycles (cdl keyword SYS_CYCLE) or create your own user cycles (cdl keyword CYCLE). These cycles can be extended/created with system parameters OR your own user parameters.

This capability is not available for ptp.

Add the following lines to your cdl file to have the list of cycles extended with your own cycle type.

CYCLE my_own_cycle
{
 UI_LABEL "My Cycle"
 PARAM my_integer_value
 {
   TYPE i
   DEFVAL "0"
   UI_LABEL "My number"
 }
 PARAM step1
 {
   TYPE d
   DEFVAL "0.1"
   UI_LABEL "Step 1"
 }
}

The addition of the second system parameter "step1" will activate depth_increment type Exact, Constant and (for legacy purposes, i.e. NXCAM should not interpret this parameter) User defined.

An example to extend the Drill_Deep system cycle with system parameters is described here

Re: cycle83; DAM parameter negative value NX10

With respect to canned hole milling cycles, we're in process to support this in the near future. A preview will be available through the CAM Early Adapter Program end of this month (CAM_EAP_18 on nx1847).hm_canned_cycle.jpg

Regards,

Toon

Learn online

Solution Information