cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does anyone know how to force a tool change between operations of the same tool in NX6

Experimenter
Experimenter

3 REPLIES

In NX CAM, OOTB the system and only sends a tool change e...

In NX CAM, OOTB the system and only sends a tool change event to the post if if senses that the tools are different.

If you want to force a tool change, this can be done by customizing your postprocessor. You need to check for a new operation, and trigger a tool change yourself. You might also look at adding the "Extra Tool Change" event to the start of path.

I am curious, what would you change to?

What happens on the machine if you repeat M6 with the same T number?

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Re: does anyone know how to force a tool change between operations of the same tool in NX6

Pioneer
Pioneer

I do this often to force information or events into a program:

Call in the exact same tool from your library or copy the tool. Place whatever operations you need in the copied/new tool. Any operation under the new/copied tool parent forces a tool change.

Re: does anyone know how to force a tool change between operations of the same tool in NX6

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Another option is to add a UDE (e.g. "Force Safe Restart"), then have that handler (in the post) deal with the appropriate gohome/tool change/restart output.

Saves having to deal with editing 2 tools if you have to make a change.

Or (if you want it for EVERY operation) just set up the post to do a complete toolchang/initial move during the "First move" event

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Learn online

Solution Information