I think that many users are suffering of the missing recognition of holes that are only modeled in half into a body.
I have now created ER#7972324, if you are interested in this enhancement feel free to ask GTAC to be linked to this ER.
Attached find a simple sample and the ER text is shown below.
* Short Description of desired enhancement: <Problem rather than a solution>
it is not possible to recognize holes that have an included angle of 180 degrees or below
* What activity in your process is the product not able to currently handle?
we want to also automatically recognize manufacturing features for holes that are only half
this is especially useful if one machines the holes into the blank body
* What result are you trying to achieve? (Please provide as many details as possible.)
we want to save many hours of selecting half holes manually for drilling
* Do you currently have a workaround?
Yes, manually select half holes for drilling, but that is cumbersome and time consuming if there are many of them
* Do you have a proposal for the solution you envision Siemens PLM providing for this capability?
allow the user to decide if half holes are recognized as STEP features or not
* What is the level of productivity gained from such an enhancement?
HIGH, usability and faster time to market
* Other information:
attached find a simple part that illustrates the problem, where one hole is recognized and one not