I have submitted an enhancement request at GTAC, which I think is of value for all MKE users.
The headings of the two attributes used to sort the applicable tools list is misleading, since the user gets the impression that he can only specify diameter and length.
The real purpose is to sort ascending or descending.
I have opened ER#9204179 - MKE: change heading of cutter diameter and length cells to reflect this.
The ER text is show below.
# Short Description of desired enhancement: <Problem rather than a solution>
* The cell descriptions in the tool classes for the sorting attributes are misleading
# What activity in your process is the product not able to currently handle?
* The user gets the impression that he can only sort the applicable tool list by diameter and length
# What result are you trying to achieve? (Please provide as many details as possible.)
* The user would not think of these restrictions if the headings would be "Sort ascending by" and "Sort descending by"
# Do you currently have a workaround?
* I just ignore the headings and remember that the attribute specified as diameter attribute is used to sort ascending and that the length attribute is used to sort descending
# Do you have a proposal for the solution you envision Siemens PLM providing for this capability?
* change the heading from "Cutter Diameter" to "Sort ascending by"
* change the heading from "Cutter Length" to "Sort descending by"
* change the context menu entries to "Set as sort ... by" accordingly
# What is the level of productivity gained from such an enhancement?
* HIGH, expose the real function of the two attributes to the user
# Other information:
* Master ER#9204179
If you also feel that you would benefit from this simple change, fell free to open a me-too request at GTAC to get linked to this ER.