Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extraction path- How to select the start position when the assembly is in contact.

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hi everyone,

Is there any method that I can successfully select the start position when the assembly part is in contact(means clearance is 0)?

Problem describe:
I have two parts in contact(shown as picture A) and want part A(small block) to go through part B(square-section pipe), These two parts have no gaps. and then I use "extraction path", but it can't let part A go through part B, is because NX showed “too close ” and then doesn't allow me to choose start position.

Question1:

How can I use "extraction path", when part A and part B are in contact? Will NXOPEN be used? If so, what should I do?

Question2:
Or this function originally determined that face contact with a face is judged as interference. If so, can I adjust the lower limit of the tolerance of this function to a negative value, not only to a positive value?

Thanks for your time.

A.PNG

B.PNG

4 REPLIES 4

Re: extraction path- How to select the start position when the assembly is in contact.

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Hello @Wu_Kuei_Yueh ,

This forum is for a NX CAM questions.

I believe the best place for your question is the NX Design Forum.

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Design-Forum/bd-p/NXDesignForum

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Jean Marcel
Application Engineer
Ally PLM Solutions | PROLIM PLM

Re: extraction path- How to select the start position when the assembly is in contact.

Solution Partner Creator
oops~!!! I ran the wrong place.

Thanks for reminding.

Legend
Legend

If I remember correct, the extraction path functionality it to determine best possible way to dis-assemble a part, helpful to create service instructions to tell the person the quick, best and safe way to take the part out from assembly (e.g. car). The clearence option is to tell NX minimum space requirement between the part and obstacles depending on tolls used to take that part out - by robot, hand or gripper etc...

In your example, zero clearance is something confusing this functioanlity as it will be treated as collison, so I guess the example in imge may not be the of use of this functionality.

If you would like to show how to take the small block out through the big block, use assembly sequencing and replay.

Hope, my understanding and reply is correct.

Solution Partner Creator
Thanks for your reply,

I tried the same result too.

Learn online

Solution Information