Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to set the wcs to get the correct angle output for a 4 axis horizontal mach

Creator
Creator

I try to make a postprocessor in NX10 using the postbuilder and the samples (sim03_mill_4x) available in NX for a 4 axis machine. X,Y, Z an rotating B table.

I've made an MCS for each position of the B-axis in NX but do not get the correct angle output (mom_out_angle_pos). For each position I get B0.

How do I have to set the MCS to get the correct angle?

Could somebody help me with this problem?

thx forward

4 REPLIES 4

Re: how to set the wcs to get the correct angle output for a 4 axis horizontal mach

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

The MCS Sholud stay in the same orientation.  The tool axis tells the Post what the B axis angle is.

For a B of 90 the tool axis will be parallel to the X. 

You don't need to have a MCS for every rotation position.  Keep it in the center of rotation.

What version of NX are you using?

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace

NX 11.0.2.7 Vericut 8.0.3 - Statements and opinions are mine alone and do not reflect
the opinion of my employer or any other member of the human race

Re: how to set the wcs to get the correct angle output for a 4 axis horizontal mach

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Please be aware, that the sim03 post works specific for Offsets and subprograms. you will find more information in this file: Working_with_OOTB_MACH_Simulation_Examples.pdf

Located at: ..NX10.0\MACH\samples\nc_simulation_samples

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software
Highlighted

Creator
Creator

I'm using NX10.

In the file Working_with_OOTB_MACH_Simulation_Examples.pdf I've found the solution.

In each local MCS I have to set the "special output" on "Use Main MCS" and I get the correct Angle.

Thx to all for the reply.

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hi,

If I set a Main MCS in the center of the table and a local "fixture offset" for each table position the PP prints correctly always B0. But I need to print the correct value of B axis for each position. How can I do it?

Thanks,
Marco

Learn online

Solution Information