Sorin Marcu
CNC Programmer
Matrite DACIA-Group Renault
8 REPLIES

Re: interference milling - Part

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

What version are you using?

It is hard to tell from the image you posted but it looks like your using Boundries.  Do you have any check boundaries selected?  Any planar opertion that uses boundaries to drive the tool relies on the definition of the boundary regardless of the solid model.

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace Connecticut
www.senioraeroct.com
Production: NX11.0.2.7, Vericut 8.0.3
Development: Tcl/Tk

I can't tell from the pictures what you are doing.

In general, use a solids based processor (cavity milling, floor wall, surface contouring, etc) turn on collision checking.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Creator
Creator

I wanted to see if the software takes into account the part regardless of the function they use
I understand that there are functions that do not take into account the part even if indicated in the workpiece
I understood ok ???

Sorin Marcu
CNC Programmer

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

When you use bounday driven operations you the PROGRAMMER need to define Part, Check and at times Trim boundaries.  These operation have never taken into account the solid model.  As Mark pointed out Use Floor and or Cavity mill.

OK

If your new to using NX then I would recommend you get some training. 

If your an experienced user and just want to complain about the software then your complaints will fall on deaf ears in this forum.  We have all heared it before.

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace Connecticut
www.senioraeroct.com
Production: NX11.0.2.7, Vericut 8.0.3
Development: Tcl/Tk

Creator
Creator

Thanks for your reply
I'm new to NX through my questions and I do not want to complain about software
NX software seems ok and so I want you to learn
now I use CATIA
Thank you for your understanding!

Sorin Marcu
CNC Programmer

The planar milling operation is legacy operation that is boundary based, and pre-dates solid modeling. Part, blank, check, and trim are defined by boundaries, and will be used for collision checking. For example, you can create a check boundary on the edges around the top of a clamp.

But as a new user, you should not be looking at this operation type.

Solids based operations use the solid bodies, and are much easer to select geometry in. For example, just pick the clamp as check geometry - no boundaries.

Note that even if you use an operation that does not use solids to generate the path, verification WILL use the solids selected in the workpiece for checking and visualization. So you can mix new and old if you need to, and verify them all together.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

I second John's suggestion to get some training.

If you start out in the right direction with just a few basic concepts, things will be much easier.

You should at least go through the tutorials to get a basic idea of the basic CAM workflows. You cna find them on your system at Menu > Help > Manufacturing Tutorials. 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Creator
Creator

Thank you very much!!!

Sorin Marcu
CNC Programmer

Learn online

Solution Information