Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

linking parameters in operations?

I am doing a pinch turning operation and was wondering if there was a way to link parameters like blank stock , sfm , and other stuff so that if you change one the other one will update?

Using NX 8.0.3.4
6 REPLIES

Re: linking parameters in operations?

Not that I know of.

If the settings show up as mom variables, you could do some "post magic" to compare them & warn you.

Could be a good place for using expressions in CAM (if they were supported)

Would be even better if they directly support this sort of turning.

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

I probably didn't explain it good enough. I got a sample part when my company bought a post from siemens. I looked at it again and saw that is is called an instance . How do I go about doing this? I am not sure what it does, I assumed it linked tool paths in some way.

The sample part is in NX 8 if you need it.

Using NX 8.0.3.4
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author aluminum2
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

If you right click on an operation - Object->Transform and set to Instance - other operation objects are created with a refence to the first one. Is that what you are asking?

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Thanks that was it. I take it that if I want it to start from a point from the beginning of the instance and then go to the gohome point at the end of the instance then I have to create an extra generic motion operation separate.

Using NX 8.0.3.4

Yes. That is what we have done. You can't even have differences in udes I think.

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

I kike to think of instances as one set of operation parameters, with several tool paths.

So changing something in one operation does not really update the others - it is the same parameter.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information