Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

machine tool builder

Creator
Creator

hello everyone, so i'm new to NX software and i'm trying to build and simulate a 2 axis lathe machine but i'm having so much trouble and errors popping one after the other, is there any guide that can help me? i've been looking for a while and all i could find is some guides and videos concerning 5 axis mill machines and mill-turn machines, nothing on 2 axis lathe machine that i know of, thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES

Re: machine tool builder

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

I guess you watched the TechTip Videos?

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Tech-Tips-Knowledge-Base-NX-Manufacturing/Customize-...

Maybe it helps to look into the exisiting out of the box nc simulation samples e.g. sim11 or sim12 as 2axis lathe 

...\MACH\resource\library\machine\installed_machines\sim11_turn_2ax\graphics\sim11_turn_2ax.prt

...\MACH\resource\library\machine\installed_machines\sim12_turn_2ax\graphics\sim12_turn_2ax.prt

Maybe it is easier to reuse and adapt the existing kinematics instead of creating them from scratch. But this is up to you.

Thomas

Re: machine tool builder

Creator
Creator

thanks Thomas for your reply, yes i watched those guides and they sure helped but not as much as i wanted since all of them are about milling machine, i asked for help in another topic hope i don't struggle with this one as much, thanks again!

Learn online

Solution Information