Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

manufacturing a part at differente step in my modeling part navigator without extractuing geometry..

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi I will try to explain in an easy way... basicaly I am trying to manufacture in nx11  a complex mold part... which was previously modeled in NX11... I would like to be able to go mack in my model history and in some way decide that this would become my mart to machine... let say without any holes and channels... basicaly I would like to be able to link my model at any point and time in my part navigator and decide that this is going to be what I want to manufacture... without to always have to extract geometry in manufacturing. any ideas ? thanks

2 REPLIES

Re: manufacturing a part at differente step in my modeling part navigator without extractuing geomet

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

If your working in an assembly you can link the model and choose Fix at current timestamp.  When you edit the link you can select the feature in the time stamp order where you want the link extracted.  You can do this with an extracted body and then change the time stamp order by re-ordering the feature.

link-at-time-stamp.JPG

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace
Statements and opinions are mine alone and do not reflect
the opinion of my employer or any other member of the human race

Re: manufacturing a part at differente step in my modeling part navigator without extractuing geomet

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

You could create copies of the body you want to manufacture in different layers. Right-click on a feature in the Part Navigator where you want a snapshot of the previous state of the model and select Make Current Feature. This will roll back all the changes made after that feature.

Now open the Layer Settings dialog, right-click on a different layer than where your model was designed on, then select Copy to Layer. Select the body in the graphics window and then select OK. You will now have a new Body object in the Part Navigator which is what you copied. You can bring back your full design changes to the original part, yet the copied body will stay the same. Use this copy as your manufacturing part if you wish.

Learn online

Solution Information