Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

mill path

Using NX6 cam, going to NX10 soon!  Making a quick point to point mill path in planer mill.  Looks ok except where the path intersects a previous path. Then it does not run the entire path.  Have tried open, and closed. Not sure what option I need to pick to get the path cleaned up. Appreciate any help / advice to get a clean tool path.

5 REPLIES

Re: mill path

[ Edited ]

Not sure what you mean by "Point to point" toolpath in lanar mill - is this new in NX10?

"Profile" cut pattern does not handle the case where the path crosses itself (e.g. if you try to cut an "8") - you have to use "standard drive"

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

If this is standard drive cut pattern, make sure Self Intersection is turned on in Cutting Parameters.

As a general note, since you are making a big leap, skipping 5 releases, I recommend you review all the what's new guides, and maybe take some current CAM training before the move. If you continue to use your NX6 methods in NX10, you will miss out on many of the enhancements over the past 7+ years. This may be a good time to re-evaluate evrything.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Ken,

Thanks for the tip. I discovered my stand alone 64 bit NX6 does not show standard drive as a cut pattern option under planer milling.  My 32 bit NX6 in Team Center does show this option.  So it may be a configuration problem?

Thanks

mccold1 wrote:

Ken,

Thanks for the tip. I discovered my stand alone 64 bit NX6 does not show standard drive as a cut pattern option under planer milling.  My 32 bit NX6 in Team Center does show this option.  So it may be a configuration problem?

Thanks

The standalone is probably running with a CAM Express license.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens
Solution
Solution
Accepted by MarkRief (VIP)
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Thanks everyone for the assistance.  The license was ok, just operator error in picking menus.

When I picked planer mill, the standard drive option was available.

Again, I appreciate the help.

Don

Learn online

Solution Information