Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

millturn post processing with S840D

Hello,

Is it possible to use a 3-axis-mill (xyz) PP for the milling part of a mill turn post, if my mill turn lathe has a physical y-axis (it can be interpolated)? I can see sinumerik_840D_millturn doesn't support 3-axis-millturn (xzc) in NX Postbuilder. Could 3-axis mill be an alternative? I'm using NX Postbuilder 8.0.0.

Best regards

2 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author millturn
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Post Builder does not currently allow the creation of a t...

Post Builder does not currently allow the creation of a template post for a S840D xzc mill (with or without a yaxis) and a S840D lathe.  You may want to use the generic template for an xzc mill and link it to a S840D lathe and then add the appropriate S840D functions to the xzc mill.  Be sure to set the Y axis ON on the parameters page..

Stan Suderman

Re: Post Builder does not currently allow the creation of a t...

Hello Stan,
First of all thanks a lot for the answer. Like you suggested, I tried to use the generic xzc mill for my mill post and add the appropriate S840D functions to it. However when I tried to replace the codes in the "Rapid Move" block (to be found under Program & Tool Path > Program > Tool Path > Motion), the following command blocks couldn't be deleted and replaced: rap1, rap2, ra3. I know that these are not Sinumerik commands, so my question is: How can I de-activate these commands and add my own Sinumerik commands for the rapid move event?

Best regards

Learn online

Solution Information