Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mom_output_file_directory

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hello.

Does anyone know the value of "mom_output_file_directory" by default?

7 REPLIES

Re: mom_output_file_directory

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi MaksimR,

there should be no default value, as this is determined by the settings in the post processing dialog of NX CAM. Typically the path of the open part file is pre-selected in that dialog when you open it the first time. You can change that directory tho, and the dialog will remember it for the next time. 

Regards,

Florian

Solution Partner Creator

I understand it. But, when I use the synchronization manager, I have a temporary NC file in the folder: "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp". And if I output the value of the variable mom_output_file_directories, I get this path. How can I register this path in my TCL.

I see this variable in the system log in  System Environment Variables
  TEMP                             C:\Users\rmr\AppData\Local\Temp

How can I assign this path to another user in my post

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Don't mess around with the temporary folders of the users, you will be braking many things.

What is the benefit of having a common temporary folder?

If you are really sure you want this, you might need to set UGII_TMP_DIR to point to a common temporary folder, but this will also result in some unexpected behaviour, I think.

Tell us what you want to do, not what you think is the solution to your problem, and we will give you better advise.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.1, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

By the way, (minor, but perhap important, point) UGII_TMP_DIR uses the OS "TMP" (not "TEMP")  ENV variable (at least on Windows, not sure about unix):

Look in %UGII_ROOT_DIR%\ugii\ugii_env_ug.dat

UGII_TMP_DIR=${TMP}

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Solution Partner Creator

I use Sim15 for fanuc. I addepted "MOM_output_literal ($mom_output_file_directory)"  in this post. I noticed that when I launch manager synchronization I see it:
mom_output_file_directory = "c:\Users\rmr\AppData\Local\Temp\"

But after the output of the NC file, this variable has a value "NX 8.5\MACH\samples\nc_simulation_samples\"

I want to use this directory because when the synchronization manager is started, a common NC file appears in this directory. I want to use it for editing and output to the machine

@MaksimR wrote:

I want to use this directory because when the synchronization manager is started, a common NC file appears in this directory. I want to use it for editing and output to the machine

From my understanding you use the synchronization manager to set up the synchronization and NX will save it to the ONT to be used for regular post-processing, but I have never had a need to use it, so others might correct me.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.1, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

When you start the sync manager dialog, the "synced" program group is posted in the background (in order to generate the code to use in the "G code" view in the dialog).  Note it posts twice (or more - once per channel), to get the channel specific code.

These posted files are NOT what is generated when you post from within sync manager.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Learn online

Solution Information