Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multi blade-machining all blades

Experimenter
Experimenter

When you program a part with multiblade it does not machine every blade and splitter only one blade and splitter.  Also it only machines the hub in between one blade.  I completed the tutorial for multiblade in NX9 and it did not say how to machine the whole part.

How do you get NX to make the tool path to machine all blades splitters and hub? 

4 REPLIES

Re: multi blade-machining all blades

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

You can create instances from each operation in nx. (to see full veryfication).

But for machining you need only each operation for one blade (canal) and then you have to create main nc program that calls each operation per every blade (canal).

It is less data and it is more clear.

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

Experimenter
Experimenter

thanks I could not find any tutorials that show how to make the instances for full verification and also how to make the program that calls each operation per every blade.  Could you please explain how to do this?

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

there are not many tutorials. you have to browse and maybe you will find some and maybe not

transform

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11.0.1/nx_help/#uidSmiley Surprisedpt_navtool_ont_mb3_options_object

To create main program that call subprograms you have to edit your postprocesor to have such functionality.

To get such construction of nx programs you need to use many Postbuilder functions.

And it is specific because there are many machine controls.

So knowledge of machine control is neccesary - how to create calling subprograms and create loops for this.

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

we have an OOTB example demonstarting it.

from your ..\MACH\resource\postprocessor directory Please open the mill_5axis_actt_Sinumerik_840D_mm.tcl. search for 'Blade'.

if you have more questions - please let me know

Yours

Eddy Finaro
NX CAM Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Learn online

Solution Information