Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new user questions

Builder
Builder

Hi All,

I've purchased the version NX10470. The last few days, I've made a machine model of my new machine, got it working, but not 100%. There are some niggles with my model that are very confusing. Why is the spindle axes with X pointing upwards?

I'm also curious about adaptive machining, how can one know if this is part of the bundle or not?

Thanks,

Best regards,
Naresh
4 REPLIES

Re: new user questions

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @nashero,

which version are you using exactly? Can you make a screenshot from About NX?

File -> Help -> About NX2018-07-10 09_32_14-About NX 12.0.1.7.png

Cheers,

Alexander

Lead Product Manager - Mold & Die

Builder
Builder

Hi Alexander,

Here is what my system says. I had just downloaded the CAMExpress on gtac and installed it because the reseller told me that NX and CAMExpress are both exactly the same and that NX will install a load of other things that I may not use!! It appears that I'm behind on a version here. Perhaps I need to install the NX download. But I'm on my learning roller-skates... the ride is fast and bumpy!!

Thanks a lot.

Screenshot 2018-07-10 10.17.22(2).png

Best regards,
Naresh

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Thank you for sharing. On the 17th of july, you can update your system to NX12.0.2, which will give you even more benefits.

Adaptive Milling is included since NX12.

Who is your reseller?
Lead Product Manager - Mold & Die

Builder
Builder
Sent you a PM about my reseller, I'm a SE customer of theirs for the last 4 years.

Thank you!! Another quick question I have is that I've built my own sandbox configuration that is parallel to the installation, as suggested by a video by your Mark Rief. When I update the system to NX12.0.2 how can I make sure that everything updates accordingly. Would the post configurations and machine configuration ootb change as well?
Best regards,
Naresh

Learn online

Solution Information