cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nx11 new function selecttion tools path

Pioneer
Pioneer

dear all

i find a new function in nx11 cam, but don't know how to use it, many times need catch tools path and insert some points,for example in the path editor interface, if i want to insert piont on the path, it is very difficult, can you share me some experience ?

19 REPLIES

Re: nx11 new function selecttion tools path

Pioneer
Pioneer

Do you have screen shot to share?

-----------------------------------------
UG3.0
UG6.0
NX10.0.35
NX11.0.1
UG_NX is my favorite !!!!!!

Pioneer
Pioneer

so thanks 

please see screen shot

搜狗截图20170305125037.png

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi,

The path selection capabilities in NX11 and later allow you without entering to Verify / Simulate to select a point on the displayed toolpath and show the tool at that location. it is part of a longer term vision to ease and unify the simulation capabilities. downstream you will also see VCR buttons to simulate the tool motion along the path, showing the machine position (like tool path base simulation), material removal, etc.

inserting points through Tool path editor do not use the same data objects, so at this point the selection tools used when Tool Path Edit dialog is open are quite different. hope that downstream those would unify as well.

from your post I can understand that you face challanges with Tool path edit. can you please create an IR with the issue description and forward me the call number so I can follow it?

Thanks  

Eddy Finaro
NX CAM Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Pioneer
Pioneer
dear Eddy_Finaro

thanks your professional reply, due to language obstacle,bad English, maybe i don't clearly description,

for example if you want to insert one piont in the between of two tools path point, we can't directly catch on the tools path, so we can't easily and exactly add a point on the original tools path

The point on path options are for display only. If you want to add a point, that would be an enhancement request for the tool path editor. Why do you want to add a point?

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Pioneer
Pioneer

some special case need  exactly catch fixed point but the auto generate point is not available so need to insert a point on the path

Siemens Genius

Hi Wangbo,

Your explanation is very clear and I can see your point.

As explained earlier - even though on the graphics the tool path when 'Tool Path Edit' dialog is open and when it is closed seems to be the same - it is really different so the new mechanism cannot be seamlessly reused. we do have plans to merge those, but cannot say when it will be done.

If you can open an Enhancement Request (ER) about it - we will inform you of the progress and you will be able to participate our Early Adopters Program (EAP) to try it out and provide feedback ahead of the formal release.

Yours,

Eddy

Eddy Finaro
NX CAM Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Pioneer
Pioneer
I have same issue. I want to more point location output in 5 axis tool path. Because of tool path have a big rotation and move at Y axis 30 mm and C axis 100 degree.
-----------------------------------------
UG3.0
UG6.0
NX10.0.35
NX11.0.1
UG_NX is my favorite !!!!!!

Siemens Genius

Hi Canateda,

The sudden rotation of your C axis by 100 deg seems like a singularity transition. Tool path edit could be a solution to avoid one or several such locations, but if this is a surface finish operation and you have hundred of those - local modifications using tool path editor may be a very anoying solution.

If the tool you use has ball tip and the pattern uses point contact with the tip, Tilt Tool Axis allows you to bypass the singularity condition (when tool rotates through +ZM). to do so, In the Tilt Tool Axis dialog go to the Machine tool characteristics tab and set the Min angle (from +ZM) to 5 deg or so. you can also limit the degrees per step to the value you want.

Please let me know if this helps in your case. if not - can you provide more details about the pattern, the tool, the geometry etc.

Good LuckSmiley Happy

Eddy

Eddy Finaro
NX CAM Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Learn online

Solution Information