cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

post how to operate registry

Pioneer
Pioneer

dear all

i find many materials want to read&write the registry key value, but don't clearly how to programming, in TCL manual  find some content, but very simple, can you share whole of code ?

thanks so much !

7 REPLIES

Re: post how to operate registry

wangbo wrote:

dear all

i find many materials want to read&write the registry key value, but don't clearly how to programming, in TCL manual  find some content, but very simple, can you share whole of code ?

thanks so much !

That can be dangerous. Why do you want to read and write registry keys?

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Pioneer
Pioneer

dear sir

thanks your reply,i want to protect myself  post, try my best do a post, i don't hope others copy it, if i want to protect my post , i don't find  a way bundling with pc hardware except license number.can you give me a method 

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

If you are a VAR/partner, there is a way to encrypt a post.

I believe that capability is not available to "regular" customers (but i don't work for Siemens, so I may be wrong).

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

@Ken_A is correct - licensed partners can protect an encrypt their posts. 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Pioneer
Pioneer

dear sir

so thanks your reply, maybe there are some dangerous  write and read registry list, i will be very careful , can you share me some code how to do it ?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Note many companies are now preventing regular users from accessing the registry - even for reading (i.e. using "Reg Query" command).

(I'm not sure how programs/.EXEs get around this)

I would strongly encourage not using the registry.

But in any case, see if there are any "regular" tcl commands to deal with the registry.

Note that (by default) the tcl files are just regular text files, so if you don't encrypt them, users/customers can just delete anything you do to prevent unauthorized usage...

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

You say you found infromation, as I did when I googled tcl registry - what else are you looking for? There is a registry command in tcl http://wiki.tcl.tk/1264. You can also use exec for a windows command.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information