Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Failed to unload path" error during verify.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I am getting a "Failed to unload path" error message during verify and then verify terminates.  Has anyone encountered this?  This has happened quite a few times and it seems like it started after I installed 10.0.3 mp5 but I am not certain.

NX 11.0.2
16 REPLIES

Re: "Failed to unload path" error during verify.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

We also suffer from this problem and I reported it just yesterday.

The answer is that NX 10.0.3 MP4 doesn't suffer from it and it should be fixed in NX 10.0.3 MP7, planned for end of July.

BTW, never install MPs just because they are available, just install them if a problem of yours is fixed there that is really pestering you.

MPs are not fully tested against the entire code base, they are just tested to fix the problem and not their effect on other parts of the software.

Only MRs and full releases are undergoing the entire test cycles to make sure there is no negative influence encountered in other parts.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yes, I agree about when to install MP's.  I saw a couple fixes in the MP05 notes which interested me so I went ahead with it.  Since MP's and MR's are not able to be uninstalled I decided to use a Windows restore point, which I create before every MP/MR, but lo and behold the restore point failed; thanks for nothing Monkey$haft.  I wish Siemens would comply with the Windows installer specification so we could roll back if needed rather than having to reinstall NX entirely.

Do you happen to know the release date for MP07?  If it is a ways off then I may go ahead and reinstall NX because my parts are very 3D and I rely heavily on Verify.  It wouldn't be a huge issue; I try to backup my custom files whenever I make changes so it shouldn't take to long.  My only regret is my workstation is a couple years old and has an old school mechanical hard drive.  I have failed to convince my manager to spec SSD's in the workstations!  Smiley LOL

NX 11.0.2

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

When I first install a version of NX (e.g. NX10) - after the install, I make a copy of the folder "just in case"

Then I can install MRs and MPs, but (by renaming the copy vs. the "production" folder, I can always restart at the base release.

I (often) do the same thing for MRs.

So I might have 3 or 4 different versions of NX10 available to me.

Once I've tested the MRs/MPs for a few months, I might go back & clean up the versions I don't need anymore, but I always keep the "base" release around.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Ken-

Are you speaking of the entire NX 10.0 folder?  Have you run into any conflicts with the registry? 

I used to do that with Mac OS-X because Apple never persued anything which resembles the Windows registry.

NX 11.0.2

Mould_United wrote:

Do you happen to know the release date for MP07?  

If everything stays on schedule, it should be available by the end of July. 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Yes - all 12+ GB of it.

What I end up with is 2 copies:

C:\...\NX10.0

and

C:\...\NX10.0 - Copy

I leave the registry alone.

If I need to use the "other" copy, I rename the folder "C:\...\NX10.0" to "C:\...\NX10.0.3.5 MP5" (assuming that's what it is)

Then I rename "C:\...\NX10.0 - Copy" to "C:\...\NX10.0"

Note you can't have NX (or post builder or anything related) running while you switch folders.

And you can't run 2 versions (of the same "base" release) at the same time.

If those limitations are too severe, you'll need different .BAT scripts to start NX, which set UGII_BASE_DIR to the appropriate folder before starting NX.

Note that while the initial copy can take an hour or 3, once they are set up, the "rename" of the folders is almost instantaneous.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Nice! I suppose the registry doesn't care because the filenames aren't changing. I probably wouldn't need to set up bat files for different versions because I'd only need a backup folder in case an MP introduced an issue for me.

Thanks for the tips!  I'll definitely try it out the next time.

NX 11.0.2

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I have never tried it, but you could still do a repair install of the NX base, then apply the MR and the MP you know that worked best.

As Ken says, keeping an OOTB installation without MRs and MPs applied is something I do too.

Applying MRs and MPs is not that time consuming than removing and installing NX anew.

I would also encourage you to never use restore points to roll back, since you never know what else is removed by going back to one. I never found any good use of restore points anyways.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I keep a close eye on my system and am aware of any major changes, such as OS updates, so that part doesn't pose any issues for me.  I have successfully used restore points in the past on a different program and once used it to remove a piece of very invasive malware.  However, restore has failed me the last two time I have tried it; shouldn't surprise me since Microsoft engineered it. Smiley LOL  I'll take your advice on restore points in general.

NX 11.0.2

Learn online

Solution Information